Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Clicking/grounding sound from F/RHS speaker

Hey Guys,

There seems to be a particular spot on the passengers side floor where if you step on it a clicking/grounding like sound comes from the front right speakers.

Does anyone know if there are any cables running through under the main floor carpet on the front passenger side??? Maybe any speaker wires or ground wire???

Thanks.

all the wires / connections will be wrapped to the side of the car all the way from the front to the rear , unless if some one played with the wires of your car , or ran a new wires ..

try to take some pictures of where you feel the sound comes from , we will hopefully help you out ...

Comment

Originally posted by blackstallion View Post
      Hey Guys,

There seems to be a particular spot on the passengers side floor where if you step on it a clicking/grounding like sound comes from the front right speakers.

Does anyone know if there are any cables running through under the main floor carpet on the front passenger side??? Maybe any speaker wires or ground wire???

Thanks.
      Hi bro ,

Use yor fader and balance functions and test one speaker at a time this will determine if its just the one speaker or more!

It looks like you have a dead short down to ground ! (intermittent)

You need to check the speaker resistance at the amplifier side it shoud read about 4-10 ohms.

Lift you carpet up and just check the wiring situation and then let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
        all the wires / connections will be wrapped to the side of the car all the way from the front to the rear , unless if some one played with the wires of your car , or ran a new wires ..

try to take some pictures of where you feel the sound comes from , we will hopefully help you out ...

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
        Hi bro ,

Use yor fader and balance functions and test one speaker at a time this will determine if its just the one speaker or more!

It looks like you have a dead short down to ground ! (intermittent)

You need to check the speaker resistance at the amplifier side it shoud read about 4-10 ohms.

Lift you carpet up and just check the wiring situation and then let me know!

The hot spot is roughly in the middle of the passenger's floor carpet area. it is confined to a single point and is extemely sensitive, you can even slightly push with your finger and the clicking sound comes. I'm pretty sure it is the right front speaker - i will confirm as advised.

No one has ever played with any wires in the car - i never routed or re-routed any wires there. The last job i did was fix the notorious "Twisted Seat" problem, but dont think that contributed to this.

I'm just surprised that there are wires running through the middle of that area and not the sides! I will try to lift the carpet (is it possible without ripping anything???) and inspect soon.

Comment

cool , check it out then ,, I've done a full sound system upgrade for my E39 M5 myself .. and I remember exactly how the wires were wrapped and hidden very tight ,,, no wires related to the sound system in the middle of the passenger foot area at all ..

as Shak mentioned , it might be power short in that area ,, and off course you will some clinking in the speakers if you have short circuit somewhere in the car ,, ...

Comment

Working...
          X