Gizmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gizmos

Has anybody successfully hooked up their iPhone to their BMW? or even their Blackberry?

Also, how hard/easy is it to get things like a USB port, Headsup display etc installed after you receive the car?

Any ideas.

For the iPhone and other phones, you need to have the bluetooth module pre-installed into your car... you could get the module and install it after getting the car but it will be a hassle. If your car already has bluetooth, then the iphone syncs fine with the car... and that's what I'm doing/using. Here is a link to which phones are compatible with the BMW bluetooth module... Beware some phones are not fully compatible (they only show certain numbers from your contact list)

As for Heads Up Display (HUD) it will be very costly to do... you have to replace your dashboard, get the HUD module and other parts, and get a new special windscreen too (special coating on it to reflect the readouts onto the windscreen)

I also have replaced the CD Changer with the BMW iPod Kit... so you can use an iPod instead of the old technology of CDs
    Last edited by petrolhead; 15-07-2008, 12:10 PM.
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
      For the iPhone and other phones, you need to have the bluetooth module pre-installed into your car... you could get the module and install it after getting the car but it will be a hassle. If your car already has bluetooth, then the iphone syncs fine with the car... and that's what I'm doing/using. Here is a link to which phones are compatible with the BMW bluetooth module... Beware some phones are not fully compatible (they only show certain numbers from your contact list)

As for Heads Up Display (HUD) it will be very costly to do... you have to replace your dashboard, get the HUD module and other parts, and get a new special windscreen too (special coating on it to reflect the readouts onto the windscreen)

I also have replaced the CD Changer with the BMW iPod Kit... so you can use an iPod instead of the old technology of CDs
      +1
      so rami isn't just petrolhead, but also electrohead!

but i'm sure an 09 650i has got the iPod link as in my Z4M and most new bimmers :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

The HUD seems useless to do at this point ... The IPOD kit wasnt mentioned on the options list but I hope its just a good surprise that comes my way ...

Thank you for the tip buddy.

Mobile preparation for Bluetooth Business is something thats on the options list so I'm hoping that will work well with my Blackberry.

Feeling much love at this Forum :) :thanks:

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
          +1
          so rami isn't just petrolhead, but also electrohead!
          It isn't just about the car's great driving experience but also the toys that come with it and the other "big boys" toys that you buy as you get older :rofl:
          ...petrolhead

Comment

I second that, I think ride quality between the big german automakers at the top gets comparable, same class of engines, same levels of luxury etc ... what differenciates BMW and has me hooked is how forward thinking they are and how they can seamlessly fuse technology with automotive excellence in one perfect package.

Comment

omg raajk is a bmw enthusiast already... that's proper thinking in my books.

i reckon that 650s come with bluetooth as a standard option if i'm not mistaken.yes/no? atleast in AD they do

Comment

I believe they do ... I am going to post a full review with tonnes of pictures as soon as I get it :) its gonna be legendary!

Comment

Bruno, do you have Bluetooth in the M3? and if not, how easy is it to get it installed?
                  My lovely Wife just bought me a nice new LG KF600 for my birthday, will this be compatible?
                  I can't use the link above with my crap "firewalled to death" company computer!!!
                  2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

For an E46 you need the Bluetooth module, which as I remember was around $500 from a US dealer, here AGMC wanted AED 16,000 for the parts. Here is a site that is selling the module For a DIY installation look at this link
                    ...petrolhead

Comment

It's expensive just to link your phone to your car!!!!
                      That's what Bluetooth Ear Pieces do for a fraction of the price!!!
                      2,500 Dhs could be put to better use IMO.
                      2009 45th Anniversary Mustang GT / Black / Stock

As the Pope once told meNil Illigitimate Desperandum et phillius coumdon

Comment

i never checked if i had bluetooth :S i will check tonight.

however i attached the bluetooth user manual. it has some useful info:thanks:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I've got my i-phone connected to the car.
                          Weird thing is, the guy at the agency told me that only the new nokias 'N' series could be bluetooth-edly connected to the german machine, though i did have my doubts.

Heck it's a german beauty and an iPhone.

He was wrong.

Cheers
                          H
                          2008 325i coupe
                          Stock

Comment

Originally posted by hiten86 View Post
                            I've got my i-phone connected to the car.
                            Weird thing is, the guy at the agency told me that only the new nokias 'N' series could be bluetooth-edly connected to the german machine, though i did have my doubts.

Heck it's a german beauty and an iPhone.

He was wrong.

Cheers
                            H
                            i also connect my i-mate with no limitations & access to all contacts

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Certain phones work... Before it used to be only Nokia phones that were able to sync properly with the BMW bluetooth module... it all had to do with the different bluetooth profiles that certain phones had
                              ...petrolhead

Comment

Working...
                              X