Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Problem

Hi all,

i have 330ci convertible 2003. i have a/c problems recently.

altoguh its cooling, unfortunately the cooled air flow is not working. n, dubai is still hot. i can sense it deeply. in fact, the a/c is rarely working properly.

so, is there anybody who can suggest me a solution on this subject?

thanks in-advance.

regards,

yener

hey, have you checked the compressor, maybe its missing some gas or it might be the A/C filter full of dirt, try cleaning the filter first

BTW, may you please introduce yourself in the New Members Introduction thread please

Comment

thanks akanso.

i did introduction btw.

filter was changed at x service. i think that since it is cooling, compressor is working. am i wrong?

according to me it is much more simple problem such as cooled air flow malfunction.

however x service quoted around 7000aed by changing all parts of a/c.

nway, is there any workshop to show it? falcon is very busy and they dont have a/c guy.

thanks.

Comment

lets c some replies from people in dubai, i live in abu dhabi and these r the 2 garages i know in dubai :D

Comment

cool :)

Comment

Hey Kuzey.

Take your car to Ampex, speak to a Mr. Praveen, they are located behind Kabayal Discount center (down the road from AUTOPLUS), after the clock tower in deira. They will be able to tell you exactly whats wrong with your AC.

After that you will probably have to change the compressor as well. If thats the case let me know..and theres a place in SHJ you can pick em up from...

If you need a any further details, please dont hesitate to ask.
            sigpic

Comment

thanks lotario, let me check...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kuzey11 View Post
                  Hi all,

altoguh its cooling, unfortunately the cooled air flow is not working. n, dubai is still hot. i can sense it deeply. in fact, the a/c is rarely working properly.

thanks in-advance.

regards,

yener
                  try new pump mate

Comment

try new pump mate

Comment

hi guys,

thanks again for ur support.

i solved the problem. club member canboz found out the actual problem which is "final stage resistor". i changed it. n my a/c works fine now. because of malfunction in this part, everybody supposed that the reason of the problem is compressor and/or filter etc.

i learnt that it is the weakest part of a/c. it was redesigned by german designers several times to be improved. recently, in new models, a new design of FSR is being used. so that the number of a/c malfunction is rare.

anyway, i suggest all to check FSR first in case that u have a/c problem and ur ride is older than 4-5 years.

t C

Comment

thanx for the info well done carbonz

Comment

hi guys,

thanks again for ur support.

i solved the problem. club member canboz found out the actual problem which is "final stage resistor". i changed it. n my a/c works fine now. because of malfunction in this part, everybody supposed that the reason of the problem is compressor and/or filter etc.

i learnt that it is the weakest part of a/c. it was redesigned by german designers several times to be improved. recently, in new models, a new design of FSR is being used. so that the number of a/c malfunction is rare.

anyway, i suggest all to check FSR first in case that u have a/c problem and ur ride is older than 4-5 years.

t C
                          how much was the repair?

Think before you act.

Comment

Hi all,

thanks in-advance.

regards,

yener
                            Hi Matey

Unfortunately I was in the UK.I would have told you straight away that its the blower resistor which is a common fault on most BM's.It takes about 20 min to replace.

Comment

how much is this part?...

Think before you act.

Comment

Working...
                              X