Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High pitch noise from radio :(

Guys!

dunno wat happened...wen i stopped at the mall and re-started the car (e46 m3), the radio started giving out a VERY HIGH PITCH NOISE!!! the kind of noise you get wen a mic is too close to the speaker..... it hasnt subsided....it happens in FM And CD mode....the AM is working fine....

Any idea what the cause could be?

Disconnected the battery cables, removed fuse no.5 (didnt remove no.41, wasnt coming out!)...still no luck :(

Hate these electronic faults!!!!!
    ________
    Ipad cases
    Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:43 AM.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

I hate electronics too
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Youve been having alot of radio related problems lately, I say just replace the damn thing !
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Haitham (not Haissam) had the same issue and now he's been listening to the wind for a month! Tony Ed diagnosed his problem as a busted Radio transistor (or smthn!). Good news is, there's a guy in Shj who's a wizard in radios/CD players who said it can be fixed. Keep an eye out here to see how it goes.

My screen is bouncy and I haven't got the time yet to look at what's up!!

Normal BMW issues....

Comment

hmmm not good! replacing the radio module or watever is expensive!!!! DAMNN expensive!!!! :S...

Im gonna head to tony ed n see whats up! ... maybe a simple disconnect and reconnect of the radio module might do the trick!
          ________
          Toyota Fx-1 History
          Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:43 AM.
          Current
          E92 M3 - Mineral White
          F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
          E36 318is
          E39 540i ///M sport
          VW CC
          E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

any update on the radio wizard?? went to tony ed on sat...they have changed their timings...only drop off and pick up on saturday...so no diagnosis :(....then went to X garage :P

met mohd. shakil...he said the prob is unique! never come across something like this... he didnt have the man power to strip the back trunk ...so that was pointless too :P
            ________
            TUBE ****
            Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:44 AM.
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

No bro he still hasn't got the time to take it...

And you gotta love Shakeel!!! :D

Comment

i had a similar problem in my 2002 X5... when least expected the radio used to blow up and with a high pitch explosion type of noise. yea i know that it's not identical to wazif's problem but when i diagnosed mine the problem was from the audio unit in the trunk. i can't remember what we did to solve the problem back then. but i thought that sharing this with you guys can be a bit helpful

Comment

I had similer issue, while playing with RADIO unit, and there was a short circuit. Can be the same. ANY UPDATE on issue ?
                  --------------------------------
                  Money cant buy happiness but, then somehow,
                  sigpic
                  its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on a bicycle!

PS: I am only lazy on the days that end with "y".

Comment

changed the radio receiver .... :) back to normal now
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...