Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOSHIBA THINKPAD T23 BIOS PASSWORD

Hi guy's need your help this time?

I have a T23 Tosh thinkpad which I use at the workshop as a back up for GT1,Its asking for a BIOS password on boot up.
    This has never happened before.
    Is there a simple way to unlock the BIOS password?
    I can build a simple circuit and wire it into the motherboard and unlock it,but I can't seem to find a place were I can buy a few electronic components.

The parts that I need are:
    2x 2.2k ohm resistors
    2x c5v1 or BZX55 Zener diodes
    1x Serial port 9 pin female

This circuit will unlock most Toshiba passwords/Bios.

Did you try shorting the battery wires?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
      Did you try shorting the battery wires?
      Yes it didnt work!

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
        Yes it didnt work!
        We're talking about the Bios battery, right? I always thought that if that doesn't do it, then nothing can.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
        Schrick cams
        Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
        Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
        KW Coilovers V3
        WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

I have a T23 Tosh thinkpad which I use at the workshop as a back up for GT1,Its asking for a BIOS password on boot up.
          I can build a simple circuit and wire it into the motherboard and unlock it,but I can't seem to find a place were I can buy a few electronic components.

2x 2.2k ohm resistors

try popular electronic in naiff...

Tel: 971-4-2975022

or 04 2211531

Comment

Resetting the BIOS Password using Hardware

If you cannot access the machine after if has been powered up, it is still possible to get past the BIOS password. The BIOS password is stored in CMOS memory that is maintained while the PC is powered off by a small battery, which is attached to the motherboard. If you remove this battery, all CMOS information (including the BIOS password) will be lost. You will need to re-enter the correct CMOS setup information to use the machine. The machines owner or user will most likely be alarmed when it is discovered that the BIOS password has been deleted.

On some motherboards, the battery is soldered to the motherboard, making it difficult to remove. If this is the case, you have another alternative. Somewhere on the motherboard you should find a jumper that will clear the BIOS password. If you have the motherboard documentation, you will know where that jumper is. If not, the jumper may be labeled on the motherboard. If you are not fortunate enough for either of these to be the case, you may be able to guess which jumper is the correct jumper. This jumper is usually standing alone near the battery. If you cannot locate this jumper, you might short both of the points where the battery connects to the motherboard.

If all else fails, you may have to clear the BIOS password by resetting the RTC (Real Time Clock) IC (Integrated Circuit) on your motherboard.

Many RTC's require an external battery. If your RTC is one of this type, you can clear the BIOS password just by unsocketing the RTC and reseating it.

or

Some Toshiba's can be convinced to bypass the startup BIOS password if you hold down the <LEFT-SHIFT> key while booting the system.
            Last edited by ernest; 01-07-2009, 10:32 PM.
            Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

if you can't still solve this bios problem just let me know :)
              Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

Originally posted by ernest View Post
                Resetting the BIOS Password using Hardware

If you cannot access the machine after if has been powered up, it is still possible to get past the BIOS password. The BIOS password is stored in CMOS memory that is maintained while the PC is powered off by a small battery, which is attached to the motherboard. If you remove this battery, all CMOS information (including the BIOS password) will be lost. You will need to re-enter the correct CMOS setup information to use the machine. The machines owner or user will most likely be alarmed when it is discovered that the BIOS password has been deleted.

On some motherboards, the battery is soldered to the motherboard, making it difficult to remove. If this is the case, you have another alternative. Somewhere on the motherboard you should find a jumper that will clear the BIOS password. If you have the motherboard documentation, you will know where that jumper is. If not, the jumper may be labeled on the motherboard. If you are not fortunate enough for either of these to be the case, you may be able to guess which jumper is the correct jumper. This jumper is usually standing alone near the battery. If you cannot locate this jumper, you might short both of the points where the battery connects to the motherboard.

If all else fails, you may have to clear the BIOS password by resetting the RTC (Real Time Clock) IC (Integrated Circuit) on your motherboard.

Many RTC's require an external battery. If your RTC is one of this type, you can clear the BIOS password just by unsocketing the RTC and reseating it.

or

Some Toshiba's can be convinced to bypass the startup BIOS password if you hold down the <LEFT-SHIFT> key while booting the system.
                Thanks for the info matey,but I have tried all tricks for the T23 .

Just found out that if you short out a few pins in the parallel port socket it wipes the bios password clean.

Will try tomoz.

Thanks once again guy's

Comment

2x 2.2k ohm resistors

Im quite sure you would know, but there was a place opposite hamriyan centre in deira which sold electric components - quite a handy shop i tell you, but this was like 5-6 years ago when i was a D&T student.
                  2008 325i coupe
                  Stock

Comment

Shak, Ive got one word for you. . .ROLA !

Rola area in Sharjah, these people have everything. Youre most probably going to find the resistors and serial but not sure about the zender diodes. Plenty of electronic shops around, take a right on the Sharjah Rotana Hotel R/A then a first right. Take an oxygen mask, I'm serious !
                    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                      Shak, Ive got one word for you. . .ROLA !

Rola area in Sharjah, these people have everything. Youre most probably going to find the resistors and serial but not sure about the zender diodes. Plenty of electronic shops around, take a right on the Sharjah Rotana Hotel R/A then a first right. Take an oxygen mask, I'm serious !
                      Thanks bro I will send my driver this week if not I am going back home to the UK in 2 weeks time I will bring loads of electronic bits back.
                      Thanks once again

Comment

Anytime man!
                        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                        X