Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this be done? Connection Question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this be done? Connection Question.....

Hello all,
    My E46 M3 has no navigation! and i've always gotten lost here in Kuwait! My lovely fiance decided to buy me a Garmin GPS system, and I love it!!! Now i would like to know if i can easily connect this GPS to the cigarette lighter from the inside of the dash? I dont want wires sticking out! run the wires from the inside and let the end of the wire come out from the windshield side so that i can attach it to the GPS from there. Clear??? lolll
    Easily Done? Possible? not possible?
    Input pleaaaaaase!
    :thanks2:
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

I guess so... no more wires needed ! :)

The only wire is needed is for the power supply... ( Cigarette lighter Socket )
    sigpic
    07' HFP Accord | Current
    HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

not sure to be honest Muhannad but there definitely should be a way to do so... I would also assume that the work is not worth the hassle! plus the Garmin would dissentigrate in the heat so u need to keep it hidden :D
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Garmin would not dissentigrate!!

276c is my fav Garmin so far, there are cheaper ones that serve the purpose as well, I use the 276c specially for offroading as it saves routes and many other cool options that I need, driving on the road would need less options I believe.

You can hard wire it or use the external power through cigarette lighter,
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Thats the idea, wire from the inside, and when i park i will put it in a leather pouch!
          I just dont like wires sticking out!
          Will it be a hastle???

PS. i got the Garmin Nuvi 715
          sigpic
          Audi R8 - White / Blk
          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

You may take it to one of those speaker fitting shops, they do it quiet well, by hiding all the wires..

Comment

It can be done, there is a power source up top where the lights and sunroof button are... but you will definitely need a professional installer to do the job right
              ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Meaning i can connect it to the top, instead of the cigarette lighter? i dont know :(
                sigpic
                Audi R8 - White / Blk
                Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Whatever you do, you will still have the non original look ! :)

But great job always show some great results at the end ! :D
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                    Meaning i can connect it to the top, instead of the cigarette lighter? i dont know :(
                    Well basically there a power source up top, so you can run a wire from up there to anywhere you want to place the device instead of using the cigarette lighter source
                    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

^ I see! That might be better than jumping into the dash board and cig area!
                      sigpic
                      Audi R8 - White / Blk
                      Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                      X