Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question about MKIII update

Dear members,

i've been browsing the site for a while and i got some information that might be useful for my question, its a newbie question :drive:

ok i have the v17 of my MKIII which is a very old system and i wanted to upgrade to the newer version. i heard something about a keycd will be required and then i have to get the new version and burn in on mode 2 form 1 CD with x1 speed etc. now i just wanted someone to clarify it for me as i am all missed up now,thank you in advance.

Check X-Service Center in Al-Qouz ! They can upgrade your system to V31 !
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I actually live in Abu Dhabi, so if anyone would help me out in updating the software, that would be great, dealer is charging 1500 dhs for doing a 2 min job. i can do it myself but i cant find the link to download it :(

Comment

i recommend a guy called dany in mussafah, 050 8475458, tell him ahmed kanso sent me over, i got the phoenix yellow m3, he will know me, you will get the help u need from him.

Comment

Originally posted by megamoe View Post
          Dear members,

i've been browsing the site for a while and i got some information that might be useful for my question, its a newbie question :drive:

ok i have the v17 of my MKIII which is a very old system and i wanted to upgrade to the newer version. i heard something about a keycd will be required and then i have to get the new version and burn in on mode 2 form 1 CD with x1 speed etc. now i just wanted someone to clarify it for me as i am all missed up now,thank you in advance.
          Let me try to explain the process, its simple straight forward.

As you are upgrading from v17, yes you will need keycd (http://www.xoutpost.com/nav/Nav_KeyCD.zip) its simple no rocket science.

Buring in MODE 1 instead of 2, you will get an option in NERO, ROXIO, which ever software you use, (Its recomended because the CAR CD-ROM is old one)

Start with the upgrade disk first.

Put the car key on start, No need to start the engine (although makes no diffrence, I tried with both ways.)

Once you insert the Upgrade Disk, A wizard will appear on Navigation Screen, Just follow the instruction, it will ask you to replace the CD and insert the KeyCD, once done, click next, and its DONE.

Switch OFF the car, and you are on with upgraded system.

Incase need more help let me know, I can find a step by step procedure if required. But trust me its straight forward.

Regards
          --------------------------------
          Money cant buy happiness but, then somehow,
          sigpic
          its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on a bicycle!

PS: I am only lazy on the days that end with "y".

Comment

sorry but for the mkIII never use mode 1, since that might miss up the mkIII....always burn using mode 2....
            sigpic
            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
            Falcons Garage
            Carbotech

Comment

Yes, You are right my bad, MODE 1 will crash, it should only be done using MODE2.
              --------------------------------
              Money cant buy happiness but, then somehow,
              sigpic
              its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on a bicycle!

PS: I am only lazy on the days that end with "y".

Comment

Nav CD pleaseeee help

Dear friendsss,

I am badly in need of activating my navigation.

I am a fun of BMW and just moved to Dubai from Turkey.

I bought 2001 330 CI convertible. It is beautiful but need some works on it. My screen is not the wide but kind of square looking one. I have the CD rom back in the trunk looks working.

When I want to run Navigation from screen it says No Nav CD. I checked it at back and yes there is no CD.

Can you help me giving a recent updated map of UAE to download and burn it to CD with the manuals of doing it.

I download and updated it to V32. and I burnt Nav_keyCD with I-Bus which I dont know what it is at all.

Can you please tell what I should do and if possible send me the recent CD content of the UAE map?

I would so much appreciate for your help as my screen totally useless now.

Thanks a lot.
                Looking forward to seeing your helps...

Comment

Shak is on vacation till early next month.

Wait until then and he will fix it for you when he returns.
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Guys, there are two different things:

1. Nav OS
                    2. Navigation software

current Nav OS is v32 if i am not wrong.

check this link for complete guide:
                    http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/all...ystem-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by B44DARS3 View Post
                      Guys, there are two different things:

1. Nav OS
                      2. Navigation software

current Nav OS is v32 if i am not wrong.

check this link for complete guide:
                      http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/all...ystem-faq.html
                      Hey bad boy you are right V32 is the last !
                      Take extreme care when changing the OS !
                      Do not open any doors or switch on any circuits.
                      Once it crashes you need a new drive(firmware damaged)in some cases its reverse able!

I have the key lock and all the upgrade OS discs!and Nav disc 2009 for test purpose's only!

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                        Hey bad boy you are right V32 is the last !
                        Take extreme care when changing the OS !
                        Do not open any doors or switch on any circuits.
                        Once it crashes you need a new drive(firmware damaged)in some cases its reverse able!

I have the key lock and all the upgrade OS discs!and Nav disc 2009 for test purpose's only!
                        bruv thanks man, for last two days i have been trying to find how this thing goes on DVD/CD from my apple mac, as soon as i find ill do it with extra care as you mentioned.

just want to check two things with you.
                        1. Is it regional based as in there is GULF region v32 OR v32 is one OS for all regions?

2. I have MK4 with 1/12 installed (i know its from stone age), do you recommend me to install like v27-v28 first and then v32 or just jump to v32 directly.

Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by B44DARS3 View Post
                          bruv thanks man, for last two days i have been trying to find how this thing goes on DVD/CD from my apple mac, as soon as i find ill do it with extra care as you mentioned.

just want to check two things with you.
                          1. Is it regional based as in there is GULF region v32 OR v32 is one OS for all regions?

2. I have MK4 with 1/12 installed (i know its from stone age), do you recommend me to install like v27-v28 first and then v32 or just jump to v32 directly.

Thnx
                          Bro the OS is not regional based as far I as know(I have always delt with region 2 only never had the need the deal withe region 1)

Yes you can jump straight to version 32 which will give you perspective viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                            Bro the OS is not regional based as far I as know(I have always delt with region 2 only never had the need the deal withe region 1)

Yes you can jump straight to version 32 which will give you perspective viewing.
                            Thanks so much, I've just upgraded to v32 and perspective view is wicked, burning high 09 to finish the job :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rifo View Post
                              Check X-Service Center in Al-Qouz ! They can upgrade your system to V31 !
                              Does anybody have contact details of that X-Service Center?

Comment

Working...
                              X