Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e38 ABS/DSC/ASC fault; module repair/renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e38 ABS/DSC/ASC fault; module repair/renewal?

Guys,

I hope that there is somebody who knows this kind of stuff and help me a bit.
    Today morning, there was no problem.Afternoon I started engine & 3 yellow lights appeared (same as in subject).
    I have found few articles treating the subject. Accordingly find below.
    1. Fuses
    2. Damaged / Dirty / Rusty sensors
    3. ABS/DSC/ASC module broken
    http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E38/ABS/Index.htm
    Does any one have the same problem or know the solution.
    What about module repais like as here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1108921
    Do we have this kind of experts here in Dubai?
    What should I start with?

Thx for your kind assistance.
    Rgds,
    Piotr

piotr it's usually number 2. a faulty abs sensor that causes the lights to come off... but yet again it might also be number 3.

take your car to shak and let him diagnose it to see where the fault is coming from.

Comment

I doubt the Module Master people would help you out, Ive never heard of anyone like them in the country. But, still a diagnostic check would only help isolate the problem so you can decide to go from there.

For parts, you could either buy a new module (if it was the culprit) or a used one from a scrap yard. ABS sensor, my advice is get a new one .

Good luck and keep us posted !
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

ABS/wheel speed sensor ..... im almost 95% sure...ive had the same prob too
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thx for your feedback gents.
          It looks like, said fault was temporary.
          Most probably due to rain/hail storm? ;)
          Lets hope it will not come up soon. However, next time (if will be one) I know its sensor though.

Comment

I've got the same circus in my e36 and it's most probably down to the speed sensor cuz the problem started when the rear subframe was dismantled for rebuild....

Hope this is it ;)

Comment

Too rainy season we've got in here ;)
              Same problem again, lights come off...
              Does anybody know where I can get new sensor (i believe that agency is not the only place)
              Could I replace it by myself or do I have to change some codes, program it later on?

thx,
              Piotr

Comment

ppjawor first check it on gt1 or any scanner to know if its from the sensor or the complete abs unit or both. most probably its the rear wheel sensor. i had this 1 month ago, but my problem was a more pain in the ..sss because i changed the abs control unit and the rear wheel sensor.
                goodluck.

Comment

Central spare parts in Sharjah should have the sensor, check with them..

Comment

same problem on a E46

didnt want to open a new thread so i bumped this one.
                    i have the same faults in my dash ASC/ABS/Brake

generic code reader found ABS system has : 5DF5 - "Internal Error/Fault"
                    no speed sensor faults found.
                    indy has a GT1 but strangely doesnt want to use it. :dunno:

anyways, he says its most likely the ABS module.
                    can anyone suggest a good source of used or new ABS module for my E46?
                    shall i find another indy that has a GT1 to look "deeper" into the problem?

:help: :please:

Comment

Yes because sometimes in one of the speed sensors

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                        Yes because sometimes in one of the speed sensors
                        thanks for the reply bro.
                        that is why i wanted him to use his GT1.
                        i know his generic code reader will not see any speed sensor fault.

im off to find another guy who has a GT1 here in Oman.
                        and they are few here, believe me. :cry:

Comment

why dont you contact sultan? he's the bmw boss of the oman bimmers im sure he knows he way in oman very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                            why dont you contact sultan? he's the bmw boss of the oman bimmers im sure he knows he way in oman very well.
                            thanks for the advise.

if you know him personally, can you please PM me his oman contact number?
                            i would most likely contact him.

btw, i tried to register on OmanBimmersClub but the website is in Arab.
                            I was hoping to contact him through the site.

Comment

Hmm, did u get this sorted out? I had all these faults show up once, did some reasearch and it turned out to be steering angle sensor. On my car, there was recall on them which the dealer should have performed on service visit but they didn't.

They screwed up and they tried to "repair" it. Yeah right, BMW dealer "repairs"??? I told them if they didn't replace it, I would sue them for negligence and driver safety risk! I slammed the service bulleting on the service manager's desk and he never looked up at me!

Comment

Working...
                              X