E46 features and functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 features and functions

. When the temperature drops below 37 F degrees, the car beeps to let you know to watch out for icy roads. Also, the rear defroster comes on.
    2. You can read the odometer with the car off; all you have to do is press the needle on the left.
    3. When car is off, hit the volume knob on the radio the radio turns on (it only works with 02 decks)
    4. There is a "secret" compartment underneath my car's armrest and a Coin box in center console.
    5. There is a trunk release right above the hood release (not on all cars)
    6. There is an exterior trunk release above the license plate and under the ledge.
    7. There is flashlight in the glove box.
    8. There are amber lights that shine on the center console.
    9. You can change radio station on the steering wheel by holding up/down button longer to scan to next station rather than preset ones.
    Interior lights can be turn off when you open/close door or shut the engine down.
    10. The two knobs on the center control panel are to reset the short trip mileage and the other one is for changing the time on the clock and changing the time from army time (24 hour time) to normal time. And you could also switch the temperature display both on the dash and on the climate control between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
    11. You may be able to auto-roll down of windows from the remote control. Another way is to put the key in the door handle and turn to the unlock position and hold it there. This will also open and close the moon roof or put a convertible top down.
    12. If you push the unlock button on the remote once it will unlock the driver door, for ‘02s if you push the unlock button on the remote twice it will unlock all the doors…then once all that is done.... push and hold the unlock button on the remote the windows will start to roll down... then the sunroof will open too.
    13. If you hit the 'counter reset button' with the ignition in position 2 (or very quickly when you start your car), then it will show you when you are due to change your brake fluid!
    14. There is also a first aid kit under the passengers seat.
    15. There is a compartment by your leg when you are in the drivers seat. The compartment is on your left if in a LHD, and on your right if in RHD (located next to your knee).
    16. The safety strip along each window and sunroof that detects obstructions and retracts them. (Along with a timer that prevents the motors from burning out if in use too long).
    17. The OEM side mirrors are designed with slats and ridges to reduce wind noise.
    18. The airbag system is 2 stage deployable depending on if the seat belts are latched. If there is no passenger, that front airbag wont even go off to save repair costs. (Along with the explosive seatbelt tensioners).
    19. The radio, sunroof, and other "ignition" triggered accessories are available for a period of time after the car is turned off until a door is opened.
    20. The fact that the car goes into "sleep" mode after 16 minutes of inactivity to reduce battery drain and eliminate dead batteries from "left on" accessories (lights, etc).
    21. The suspension is designed to limit body dive under hard braking, instead the entire chassis dives evenly for stability.
    22. The A/C compressor has a variable displacement thrust plate to eliminate the shock load of compressor cycling and use varies depending on need and load.
    23. Flashing the high beams after ignition is turned off will leave the headlamps on for a preset amount of time for security while parking the vehicle.
    24. The Keyless Entry system utilizes antennae in the rear window, change key codes every time, will deactivate keys if a key is pressed too many times without response from the car, the key recharges while in the ignition switch, and they store all sorts of presets, from seat positions to IHKA control settings.
    25. The radio remembers the settings separate for each input. (E.g., CD input can have the bass/treble/balance/fade settings different from the F.M. radio)
    26. Left Side Mirror will tilt in reverse (check to make sure your mirror selection switch is in center or left position to use this feature)
    Door locks that engage when you go 8 Miles per hour (Dealer need to turn this feature on).
    :bmwbest:

i knew like half of those functions when i had my 330Ci.. some are really cool & usefly :)

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

shak...is there any way to program my car to blink wen i lock and unlock the car?
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Yes matey there is a way,you need to enable the blinkers in CAR KEY MEMORY option with SSS or GT1 (YES WE CAN)

Comment

You forgot to mention the "BIG" boot!! (As you'd get to see when working on my car today :D)

Comment

Coming to you Shak...this week hopefully...

Was wondering....along with the blinkers...can you get my angel eyes to come on too :D?
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
            X