HEAD UNIT REQUIRED FOR E36 M3 EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEAD UNIT REQUIRED FOR E36 M3 EVO

Hi guys,need your help?I am after a BMW head unit for my car. I am going o remove the one which is fitted (ALPINE) and fit the original head unit with tape and radio and cd out put to a boot changer.
    Thanks guys

shak i still have mine and i am waiting for the time i come by the shop to drop it..... its the head unite out of my M3 :)
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

It is in perfect condition along with the main rear connector that u would need to install it properly :D
      sigpic
      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
      Falcons Garage
      Carbotech

Comment

Shak, take it to X service :D
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Shak, may I know the reason why you want to replace the ALPINE with the original head unit

Comment

i think he wants to go back to the original look coz his M3 is now a classic ;)

BMW history:
            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Any silver/coloured head unit in an E36 will spoil it really bad.

If the original head unit is Black, then it best suit the car.
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys,The X centre will not touch my car? cuz I wont let them!! only joking.I want to keep my EVO as standard as possible so any of you guys want my Alpine head unit your welcome to take it.Mr Bashar I hear your cars got a bit of a missfire??? why dont you bring it along to The X centre with the head unit????.see you guys soon.

Comment

I will be passing by tomorrow Shak.... ill bring the head unit with me :D

The miss firing issue is already sorted out :)

Thanks Shak....
                  sigpic
                  iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                  Falcons Garage
                  Carbotech

Comment

Thanks brother Bashar!!!!

Comment

Anytime mate :)
                      sigpic
                      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                      Falcons Garage
                      Carbotech

Comment

Knocking noise from front

Hi Bashar,

Thanks for the head unit bro?

The problem with your car is that the knocking noise is caused by your coil springs,they have lost its memory to return to its original position,which means that the coils are too close to each other and are clattering together causing the knocking sound,this is your primary noise and your secondary noise is from your gearbox internals which sounds like exaust rattle which you probably have never heared but it was a bit late to go for a road test,but not to worry I will confirm this issue in the morning.

Ok matey:drive::drive::drive::drive:
                        Last edited by Shak; 30-11-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                          Hi matey,

The problem with your car is that the knocking noise is caused by your coil springs,they have lost its memory to return to its original position,which means that the coils are too close to each other and are clattering together causing the knocking sound,this is your primary noise and your secondary noise is from your gearbox internals which sounds like exaust rattle which you probably have never heared but it was a bit late to go for a road test,but not to worry I will confirm this issue in the morning.

Ok matey:drive::drive::drive::drive:
                          The gearbox rattle i know off since i have lightweight flywheel and a racing clutch.....

Hmmmm regarding the springs they are not the stock ones and they are supposed to be close to each other since they have higher spring rate.....
                          sigpic
                          iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                          Falcons Garage
                          Carbotech

Comment

Also shak remember i told u that the sound it there sometime when u start the engine (also instant braking and when accelerating)..... i still suspect that it has sth to do with the engine mounts/crossmember......
                            sigpic
                            iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                            Falcons Garage
                            Carbotech

Comment

We checked the engine mounts they are fine but not to worry we shall carry on with the investigation with my FBI team in the morning ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X