No announcement yet.

87 635CSI restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were the first I called up, I've only managed to go down to two shops here in Sharjah and I've got recommendations for another two in Dubai aside from the leather doctor which I need to check out. After all the work done the interior is the last place I want to skimp out on.

Comment

looking good. you are almost there.

Comment

Has she been put back together?
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

She's been tucked in to sleep under a car cover during ramadan, I started on the wiring on Sunday after going through the wiring diagrams, managed to remove the self leveling harness from under the car still need to remove the oil reservoirs and oil lines from down there. The rear ac lines and seat electrics which won't be used need to be removed as well as I won't be needing them.

Comment

Finished up some work today, got the ac lines from the rear removed, as well as the oil cooler lines for the automatic gearbox as they won't be needed for the manual transmission.

I broke off a bolt re-installing the rear axle support bracket yesterday, luckily I managed to get it out easily and replaced all of them with new bolts. Tomorrow I'll be going over all the bolts that weren't already changed, inspect and replace what's necessary.

Comment

This baby is going to be showroom ready after the overhaul....AGMC should give it a spot on the shop floor for display :)
              Current
              E92 M3 - Mineral White
              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
              E36 318is
              E39 540i ///M sport
              VW CC
              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

hat off to you bro!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Started to pull out some wiring today, rear ac, self levelling, rear speakers wires and the seat wiring.

I'll check over the wiring again tomorrow there might still be some rear ac control wires still there, audio will get complete new wiring, we made up a harness for the front ac and will be repairing all the wires that were tapped into and have the insulation cut.

Comment

Man... I can't wait until this car is ready.

I'd be happy to do a nice photoshoot for it!
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

She definitely needs a photo shoot once she's all buttoned up

Comment

So whats the update?? You cant get us all Excited and leave :slap:
                        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                          sigpic
                          • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                          and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

I've had a family emergency to deal with so I've put everything on hold, when we start work on the 6 again I'll update here.

Comment

Originally posted by ///DN View Post
                              I've had a family emergency to deal with so I've put everything on hold, when we start work on the 6 again I'll update here.
                              Hope its nothing serious. Our prayers are with you and your family during these testing times. May you be blessed with strength and patience to resolve it.
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks for that Wazif, finally back getting my hands dirty again.

We setup the engine to give it a good clean.

This is what it looked like after two rounds of cleaning.

I was meant to replace the rear main seal and gasket,the oil sump gasket and the gaskets of the two small covers at the back of the cylinder head. We were waiting to get an endoscopy delivered so we could inspect the pistons and cylinder walls so I went ahead to open up the oil sump so we could get it properly cleaned and found a nice little gift in the oil pump filter.

From replacing a few gaskets this went to full strip down, luckily I had a chance to practice on the m88 motor that took me 3 days to strip down, the m30 taken apart in less than 3 hours.

There were no signs of damage in the cylinder head, head gasket looked in really good condition and definitely didn't look 27 years old. I have a feeling that the head might have been replaced while it was still in Japan before it was shipped over here. I'll be heading down on Saturday to pull the pistons out and have a better look at the cylinder walls. The pistons will get a clean up and new rings and we'll give all the parts a look over and see what else needs refurbishment/replacement.

Comment

Working...
                                X