No announcement yet.

87 635CSI restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dismantled the compressor and started cleaning all the parts, will do a more thorough cleaning in the coming days, get a new bearing and put it all back together.

Comment

love these amazing posts! feels like we are right there part of the process! Thank you very much for sharing this with us. Greatly appreciated!
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

this thread has been posted on FB to give it what it deserves

Comment

Thanks guys I truly appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be able to post some updates soon. AC work is almost done now.

This month's agenda:
          -complete ac installation.
          -repair all wiring and tape complete wiring loom.
          -swap transmission to manual.
          -dent repair (front nose and rear right 1/4 panel)
          -buff out chrome trim and install.

Hopefully next month can get it painted, refurbish complete interior, get a new set of shocks/springs and replace the small things like cracked lenses and exterior trim pieces.

Haha planning has already started for project 2.0

Comment

Project 2.0? curious!! :D
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I've got a spare engine from the donor car that is gonna get built up, once we have some extra time we'll pull the engine out but we won't start on anything until the 6 is done.

Comment

When we were re-assembling the compressor on Wednesday we stripped a bolt in and managed to get it out. Thursday re-tapped the thread and managed to snap the tap off in there and that wouldn't come back out so off to the machine shop to have it drilled out and a new thread tapped in, the bolt I got from them was a bit too short so will get a new one tomorrow.

The gears for the odometer arrived today as well so my friend finished up the work on the instrument cluster cleaned up, re-soldered and reset. Seeing the cluster this clean is really pushing me to get her all ready.

Comment

Stripped out the interior on my 6 today, I'm really happy there's no rust to be found. I'm going to try to remove the front bumper headlights and grill and pull the trans out tomorrow but this is if the lifter isn't being used. Saturday we'll come in and try to get the engine out, then we can get the whole interior and engine bay cleaned, send it off for dent repair and painting and hopefully have a manual trans ready by then.

Comment

Got her ready for the weekend, pulled off the mouldings around the windows. Took the exhaust, radiator, lights, grill and bumper out and drained all the fluids. Saturday will be fun.

Comment

take off those side skirts and tell us what you see.

man you are going all the way. well done!!

Comment

Don't have side skirts, I might source some once she's all done.

Started out pulling off the rear bumper and lights before my friends started arriving. We had all the fluids drained and an engine crane and gearbox stand ready on Thursday and today we just had to disconnect the power steering lines, fuel lines and route the ecu wires out through the firewall and we could drop the trans and engine.

Amazingly it only took 2 hours and an additional hour to clean up and organize/label everything.

Good fun

Comment

Awesome thread man. Just awesome!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
                          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                          eMail:
                          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

This babe HAS to be in bimmerfest UAE 2016 :)

so looking forward to seeing her all dolled up
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks guys! She'll be getting some dent work and minor rust repair, should see some progress on that in this coming week and then a full re-paint. In the mean time I might need to rob a few banks and put in a big parts order. I'll get the engine on a stand and clean it all up.

Comment

Bimmerfest 2016 is a must, once she's all done and we do a test that everything works I'll definitely bring her down to the first meet that comes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X