X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DYI Subwoofer installation

SOLVED : CHECK MY POST BELOW.

Hi Guys,
    I have a E46 2002 330i and BMW OEM 6 CD Changer/Nagivation wide screen display. I am quite happy with the audio quality expect there is no bass what so ever, So i am planning to install a Subwoofer. It is possible to install a Sub on my own and does the BMW OEM audio has the SUB out?
    I need some DIY infos please since i stay in Ruwais Abu Dhabi and going to city in weekdays is not easy..
    Thanks
    Wilson
    Last edited by wilsonrajs; 27-08-2011, 12:42 PM. Reason: SOLVED : CHECK MY POST BELOW.

hi wilsonrajs

check this out, BSW brand, its good quality and they have upgrade stages for speackers as well as subwoofer
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/ca...oofer-Systems/

also check this out if its help you ;)
    http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5527

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

there is diffidently no SUB out from any BMW car ,, you need to pull a signal from one of the speakers , and you need low/high signal converter ..

it's an easy job if you have done it before , or you have enough experience in such systems .

I advise you to buy the tube sub system ( they call it Bazooka ) , though it at the back seat ,

the kit eoudeh is selling is for sure one of the best upgrade , because if you add more bass to the OEM system , then you wont have a nice sound from the OEM + extra SUB combination , so you better upgrade your speakers too ..

Comment

OP's move this thread to DIY section.
        Current:
        2011 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade "Repsol Edition"..

Past ///M's:
        2002 E39 M5 M/6speed LeMans Blue|Reuters Catback|SS Brake lines|EBC pads|Dinan strut brace|B&G Springs|19" VMR VB3 CSL Style rims|IATS|Lower grill with brake ducts|aFe Stage 2 intakes|Evosport under drive pulleys "audiophile"|ZHP Shifter with Alcantara boot and Alcantara handbrake boot|+++
        2001 E46 M3 Coupe M/6speed Silver
        1991 E34 M5 3.6L M/5speed Red
        1993 E34 M5 3.8L M/5speed Black

Comment

Solved : I Installed the SUB :)

:bmwbest:

Hi Guys,
          Finally i managed to fix the Sub myself for my 2002 E46 330i :) Though still some fixing is require to make it look clean(A string is holding everything in place), I am still working on it.

Here are the details:
          JBL 1000 Watts Sub : 350 AED from on of my friend
          Pioneer 4 Channel GM-6400F: 400 AED from a dealer in Madinat Zayed City
          Power Cables & Audio Cables 100 AED
          Total Cost : 850 AED
          Step 1: Connected the rear speaker out from OEM system to the AMP.
          Step 2: Connected the Power control to the Ignition with the help on my collegue.
          Step 3: Battery to Amp connection
          Step 4: Blast the base and control the level to optimal level

Job Done : PICS attached :):irule:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Comment

Working...
          X