Fixin some issues (picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixin some issues (picture heavy)

Whats up guys. Did a couple things to the 540 over the holiday. Much needed too.
    Left side. Control arms and strut ripped out. Meant to put a rag under the rotor, but, well, i didnt.

Right side. Control arms and strut ripped out.

Oh how i love parking lot maintenance! By the way, there used to be a small spoiler, sure youve seen them, where the dirt is on the back window. Well last week it decided to eject from my car on the way to work, fly into the air and smash the guardrail and self destruct...damnit. but it was funny

Right side, new stuff. I was haulin *** puttin it back together and didnt stop to take pics.

Left side, new stuff.

Oil pan gasket was leakin. Replaced it, check out the nastiness that was in the oil pan! I cleaned part of it to show you how nasty it was.

Oil pan all cleaned up and a fresh spray-bomb job.

And a fresh fuel filter. There was some gunk in the old one also.

Well the front end work did this car a world of difference. Its wayyy better. Just OEM stuff too. Next week, rear suspension and trans filter/gasket/new fluid. Now only if I had plentiful tools, a garage, and a lift.

Oh man, I know you're going through a hard time working on the car by just using the jacks and a parking..

But appreciate your DIY work, looks well done.. :clap:

One question though, if the pan was leaking, did you replace it with a new one or what did you exactly do to fix it ?

Comment

it was just the gasket. theres a seal that runs around the inside of the metal gasket, and it was pretty well compressed. Fresh gasket fixed it up, no leaks at all so far. the old one didnt have a bad leak tho, more like a slow seep.

Comment

there is nothing better than working on your car... great job man

Comment

Respect for doing it in this weather!!!
          Meskovic
          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

+1 :bow:
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

+2

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
              E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
              E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
              E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
              E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
              E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
              E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
              E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

We have another DIY maniac :D ,, good job dude ... ( But I feel sorry for the left side Rim in the first pic :lol: )

Comment

Nice job man, I'm sure it was really hard work and took long hours and a lot of back ache...i wish i had your DIY patience and expertise..thumbs up

Comment

Amazing DIY Randy, i know the difficulty for this kind of work specially to remove the shock absorbers. i appreciate ur clean work and im sure that you had an perfect tools for such work. :)

Good work bro.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Great Job Dude
                      You Should do a DUET DIY with Eyad :D
                      sigpic

Comment

thanks for the compliments guys, i just like to do my own thing if i can, usually its time constraints that decide. looks like ill be getting into some more work tonight seein as how my car is on a truck right now on its way back home. got some crazy vibrations, i think it has something to do with the vibe dampner on the crankshaft. we'll see.:thumbsdown:

Comment

Nice job man I love how you work and take care of your car :) .. keep us always updated
                          sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                          E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                          E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                          E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X