Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrated after market Bluetooth kit & Voice Command for E46

Hi everyone….
    im doing this DIY coz im really suffered from the hands free or Bluetooth ear device :banghead:, every one month Im buying a new hands free :( which is annoying me, I tired to buy the OEM from Abu Dhabi motors but they told me it ll cost me AED 2,500 without installation , so I decided to handle it from my end by myself :D

This DIY is simply for (adding Bluetooth with Voice Command features to my car E46 2004 and any other E46 1998 to 2005), Coupes and Convertibles.

The details bellow focuses on integrating an aftermarket bluetooth (Parrot device) & voice command into the BMW Business Tape or CD head unit, so that I can control my mobile phone's incoming/outgoing calls only using the steering wheel buttons and my voice if I want.

The duration for this DIY was about one hour (from 1am to 2am) yes I was awake on that time :D. The only tools required a screw driver, flat clean tool for the interior trim & for sure ur clean fingers ;). There are no (cutting wires/removing seats/armrest/adding antennas).

Its requires only remove of the head unit, Center Vent and Glove Box, the rest is plug and play. But the hard things was fixing the mic coz i cant fix it in the roof near the sunroof switch (coz I don’t have :D) but I fixed it on the left side just near the sunshade on the column cover.

The cost of this DIY is just as follow:
    - AED 300 for Connects2 CTPPAR007 (steering wheel integration kit from ebay, liquid ice vendor)
    - AED 492 for Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth kit (from www.parrot.com), you can get the same from ebay :)

Note:
    - I don’t know if there are any other steering wheel integration kit with other Bluetooth device can work on E46, but this DIY will only work with the mentioned items (CTPPAR007 and the Parrot ck3000 Evolution).
    - for the steering wheel integration kit (CTPPAR007) in the web site (http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcc...er/pid/7642231) its mentioned its fit E46 1998-2001 for Business RDS/CD/Professional Old 17pin Block. & (CTPPAR008) will fit E46 2001-2005 for Business RDS / CD / Professional New 40pin Block. BUT ITS WRONG since mine is 2004 and it was equipped with 17pin round pins, the new 40pin are flat type connector which is only found on the 2006+ E90 BMWs. So that will not work on the E46.

So in the end my benefits for this DIY was :
    - Instant/automatic pairing and un-pairing when enter/exit the car
    - one button touch voice command
    - one button touch redial and full radio and steering wheel integration.

:( The only thing im not getting is full Caller ID on the head unit display (instead it will display PHONE as per the post pic) but for me its ok since im always looking to the hang mobile and knowing who is calling :D on other hand for the single ppl :hay: maybe there ll be people sitting in the car and you dont want them to see who is calling you (girlfriend).

To understand what exactly I did, I labeled the three connecters with numbers to make easy for explanation:
    - OEM Connector = connector coming from car to the BMW Business Tape/CD head unit, be aware of the Data Link mini connectors at the bottom section brackets (depending on whether your car has the CD Changer or AUX input/Ipod Data Links).
    - Connector 1 = the connector which ll be connected to the OEM one (to connect the Bluetooth kit & Tape/CD head unit to the rest of the car (power/speakers, etc).
    - Connector 2 = this connector will replace the OEM connector to the head unit including the mini connector data link for CD changer.

so will leave you with the pic and hope its clear, if there is any clarification, im happy to clarify it and welcome to the comment guys :)

[YOUTUBE]KSrrQud1Kg0[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]EYzxMk8dm8c[/YOUTUBE]

clear video ll post it as soon as i can
    Last edited by eoudeh; 02-06-2010, 10:00 PM.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

cooool mabrook bro

Comment

Nice DIY Eyad!!very well explained..
      Mabrook ;)
      sigpic

Comment

very nice man... has anyone attempted this on any international board before?

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post
          cooool mabrook bro
          thanx bro :)

Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
          Nice DIY Eyad!!very well explained..
          Mabrook ;)
          thanx Kimi :)

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          very nice man... has anyone attempted this on any international board before?
          yeah it was on e46fanatics but it should be completed now...i was late coz i got the material late :(

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

nice one Eyad!
            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Very well done Eyad

I love all this gadgets stuff, tell me one thing, hows the voice clarity of incoming and outgoing calls while driving, is it clear or do you have to raise your voice a bit so the other person can hear you ?

Comment

Congrats Eyad....job well done

A GREAT DIY project for all....well documented... btw, where did you get the trim removal tool from?
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                  nice one Eyad!
                  thanx bro, i think u had this integration and the bluetooth module in the trunk, am i right?

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                  Very well done Eyad
                  I love all this gadgets stuff, tell me one thing, hows the voice clarity of incoming and outgoing calls while driving, is it clear or do you have to raise your voice a bit so the other person can hear you ?
                  the voice is clear for incoming as well as outgoing calls, 1st time when i called my wife, she said y u r shouting :rofl:, i told her i thought the voice not clear but she confirmed its clear :), ll give u call tom. and u can confirm if its ok or not ;)

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
                  Congrats Eyad....job well done
                  A GREAT DIY project for all....well documented... btw, where did you get the trim removal tool from?
                  i got them long time back as a free when i ordered upgrade stage 1 from bsw (http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...mbly-Tool-Kit/) realy this tool helped me alot not only for trim removal...even for door panel removal :woot:
                  Last edited by eoudeh; 02-06-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure abu shreek... I bought the car with the original BMW bluetooth kit already installed
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X