Know of any BMW keycutters in Dubai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know of any BMW keycutters in Dubai?

So I decided to change the key housing of my X5 DIY style so I ordered the uncut key and case from the US and had it shipped here. I was supposed to remove only the top part and keep the old key but when I tried to pry open the key, it was stubborn as hell. Persistent as I was, I eventually got the top off in a not so satisfying fashion: I would need to replace the entire case along with the bottom part containing the cut key as the part where the two cases meet were very tight and cannot be opened without damaging the transponder inside. :cursing:

To finish the story off, I got the transponder out safely and working - I just need a shop that would cut the new key for me. The normal keycutters will not do as they only have machines that cut the edge of the key like a house key - as we know BMW keys are cut along the middle part of the metal.

So, anyone know of such a keycutter?

Thanks a lot guys.
    2002 X5 4.4i
    sigpic

Theres a few places in Sharjah Industrial in the Old BMW road that can do that, they can even program the key if required...

Comment

Im a total noob when it comes to sharjah, care to tell me how to get there? :thanks2:
      2002 X5 4.4i
      sigpic

Comment

You should go to a shop called "Al Baraka", his shop is in the BMW street in shj industrial.

You will go from shk zayed road straight to shj direction till you pass an interchange leading to "al mamzar" then after this interchange, you should take a right which will be leading to a mall called "sahara center" then you should continue straight crossing 3 signals and then you should find this shop on your right side.

If you are even lost, you can find dozens of those shops.

Good luck

Comment

QUICK UPDATE: Found a much nearer place - Minutes Shop at Ground Floor of Deira City Center. My key is now spankin' new.

Thanks guys for all the replies.
          2002 X5 4.4i
          sigpic

Comment

great!happy for ya bro :)
            sigpic

Comment

Congrats :D

Comment

Working...
              X