No announcement yet.

Cleaning the beast ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you say you got your car 3 days ago, do you mean you got it brand new or used?

Simple, go to a petrol station and look at your paintwork under the lamps. if you see anything other than a perfect mirror finish, i.e. it has swirls, or light scratches in the paint, then it means that someone at the dealership didn't wash your car right. Cars coming off the port are usually filthy, so as part of the pre-delivery process, the car should be properly washed, and in most cases polished.

In many cases, most dealerships use rotary polishers instead of orbital polishers. The former gets the job done more quickly, and is effective in the hands of an experienced body shop professional. However, if not used properly, rotarys are the primary tool in introducing swirl marks to paintwork, even paintwork as tough as factory ones. Orbitals are more time-consuming (about 30% more effort) but with the good ones, it is hard for even an amateur to mess up paintwork.

Going back to your question: If the paintwork is perfect, then all you need to do is focus on maintenance and protection.

If the paintwork is not perfect, get a professional to work on it till it's PERFECT, then work on maintaining it. In most cases, even the best effort will result in light marring over the course of 6 to 8 months, but touching up is easier with adequate number of layers.

If you like, we can meet up some time and I can take a look at the paint condition and advise accordingly :)

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

That would be awesome :) By 3 days ago I mean 3 days ago brand new :)

I am free all day today and relatively free this week, so whatever works for you :)

Comment

Are you anywhere near the Al Barsha area?

Comment

I can be ... I live near the Trade Centre, so let me know what works for you :)

Comment

Well, my car is currently at Audi getting the intake manifold replaced under warranty (scheduled), so I'm immobile for a couple of days. It would be best to check the paintwork in the evening since there isn't daylight to interfere with the sodium lamps used in the petrol stations.

I'm over at The Greens, where there's an Eppco petrol station just outside, so if you're going to be around the area, just drop me a PM and we can arrange to meet. best to meet around 8 to 9 pm :D

Comment

Sounds good Ghoonk.

I will send you a pm with my cell number, if you could just send me an sms, I will call you when I am around your area tonight.

Thanks again.

Comment

Guys, were would be a good place to treat all the parking dings i have on my car??? there was a mention of X garage.... do they do a good job? i have many tiny scratches due to morons who dont know how to open their car doors :(
                ________
                korean girl Cams
                Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:45 AM.
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

I strongly recommend Robert Traquair. He used to be with Dentmasters but now he has his own place -- Prodent and does house calls. He is also the one doing dent removal for X Service Centre, IIRC. Give him a call at 050-6593368 and let him know that a guy in a silver Evo referred you. He did a fantastic job on my roof and bonnet where most other places would have turned away.

Comment

Thanks Ghoonk.... he treats paintloss on these dents also? how expensive is he?
                    ________
                    Mercedes-Benz W107 350Sl History
                    Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:45 AM.
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Paint loss will need to be treated separately but I do not know if he does it. Not sure if anyone here does it, for that matter, and since I would never recommend use of touch up paint, it's probably going back to the respray option :(

As for pricing, best you call him directly, but so far, he's been cheaper than Dentmasters.

Comment

Working...
                      X