Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Armor

Hi Guys

I have just completed (00h30 last night!) installing my headlight protection. I bought it online from headlightarmor.com. The kit includes two headlight covers, two foglight covers, instruction sheet and a squeegee (the one that tinters use) I think it was US$89 with the shipping.

I had a look at it this morning and took a few pics (excuse the car cover-i am a bit silly about looking after the paint). I just followed the instructions-it was quite easy except i needed to do some sanding as I had some chemical damage on the headlight and didnt want that to show through when the tint was installed. So I broke out my 1000 grit sandpaper-filed it down good, then went to 1500 grit then used PlastX to bring it almost to new condition (still quite a dull finish, but smooth enough) then tinted the headlights.

Because my car is blue, i think it goes quite well. They sell clear, semi grey, full black and yellow in addition to this "HID blue."

Incidentally, the tint makes very little difference (maybe 5% bluer,closer to 2%). So i cant really call it HID blue, but i have Xenon lights anyway. My fogs still shine slightly yellow so there-it's purely for stone chips so dont expect miracles.

Let me know what you think.

I think i am now blue crazy cos I even put those blue (Bimmian) number plate lights and interior kit. I tried even the blue aerial, but it didnt match, so i will change that to black again.

Attached Files
    Last edited by jmeister; 09-09-2009, 08:12 PM.

Think before you act.

I think my next gf should be called "bLucille" :rofl:

Think before you act.

Comment

Not bad idea ..
      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
      eMail:
      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

that nice actually... very cool!!!
        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

thanks dudes.

Think before you act.

Comment

It looks nice.. Dont mind my humble opinion, but everyone's got his own choice, i think the HID blue would look great on a Le Mans blue car, like how clear black goes well with jet black cars.. Id have suggested you to go with something clear, to get only the shine and keep the original look :)

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
              It looks nice.. Dont mind my humble opinion, but everyone's got his own choice, i think the HID blue would look great on a Le Mans blue car, like how clear black goes well with jet black cars.. Id have suggested you to go with something clear, to get only the shine and keep the original look :)
              i did consider that, but i was going for the aftermarket look-dont really like the blacked headlights-prefer the silver ones from 3.0, so this was a good way to mask that-just a bit gangster, not OTT

Think before you act.

Comment

no offense, but it costed me DHS 150 for both headlights and fog lights shipped and installed (+ u can choose how dark u want them to be), if u would've asked i could have helped. anyway the look nice

Comment

Originally posted by akanso View Post
                  no offense, but it costed me DHS 150 for both headlights and fog lights shipped and installed (+ u can choose how dark u want them to be), if u would've asked i could have helped. anyway the look nice
                  me is only seen cars with black/grey tint. anyway, point taken, should have asked first...

Think before you act.

Comment

Working...
                  X