Started working on my E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started working on my E30 M3

Having owned the car for a while now, since Jan 09, I got to learn about all the malfunctions in the vehicle, some were there before buying it and some others showed later. All are were and tear issues.

I currently intend to do an engine swap, I want out from the M20 engine for various reasons.
    As mentioned previously, I went through a very hard time back in Beirut trying to sort out my e30 M3 issues, and mainly had issues in sorting out an s14 engine that turned out to be similar to s50 engines, cost wise that is.

Having said all that, I don’t want to ditch the m20 or throw it away, instead, I look to keep her dormant for a while and fix it to function as it’s supposed to. So now the car will be freshened up before the actual swap happens. My goal is to fix the car then move on.

I have time to till the other engine is ready for the swap but till then, 1.5 months, the car should be in a decent shape and ready to welcome the new heart. So phase1 would be a quick rehabilitation program before the phase2 begins, swap phase.

The list below includes things that I mailed to my buddy, Lorenzo, a fellow member here on our boards who will take care of her during all the phases, simply because he lives just next to this shop and simply because he is noble enough to help me out.

I just copy pasted what I sent him through the mail. I did not bother changing the wording of the text below.

Mechanical:
    _replace gearbox – dogleg preferred
    _fix and freshen up engine, do a valve adjustment change plugs and parts if necessary
    _there was a leak from the power steering
    _and another leak from the engine.
    _fan clutch is weak, the temp needle moves randomly sometimes.
    _the front bushings on the car are noisy; I think the upper shock mounts are worn. swaybar bushings are also gone.

Electric work:
    _turn signals don't work~ the signal lever in the steering rack doesn't work, needs replacement.
    _remote control doesn't work
    _central locking doesn’t work
    _fuel pump is connected directly, let him check the wiring, it shouldn't be activated as soon as it gets electricity, instead it should run when the car starts
    _Fog lights never worked
    _most of the speakers don’t work, let him fix the wirings and make sure electricity gets to them and if any speaker doesn’t work I’ll replace it in dubai.
    _the wipers don’t sprinkle water, I think there is something loose, if he can find me a mono wiper let him install it instead.
    _the clock in the car doesn’t work as soon as you put the key to position 2… that’s what I noticed it could be screwed. or the wiring is wrong.
    _there are so many cables and switches under the steering wheel, I have no clue what they are let him go through the wires.
    _horn button doesn't function

Panels:
    _The A/C switch malfunctions, the one that rotates
    _Under the steering wheel there is a cover that is broken it is in the trunk have him replace it
    _interior door handles are broken
    _all rubbers seals of the door frame
    _Change the carpet
    _buy trunk carpet

On another note, the mechanical stuff is almost done now.

Good luck in restoring your E30 M3 job and post some pics.!!

Comment

:bow: bruno :bow: this is a nice project, all the way :hay:

Comment

WORKING ON IT MA MAN .. will slowly let you know of the progress .. PEACE !!

Comment

^post pics baba! :D

Comment

This is going to be interresting, document each and every single thing that happens !!
            Good luck arbab !
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

That is interesting stuff, the car will be factory new when u're done with it.. very nice
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Bruno....:drool::drool:
                sigpic
                07' HFP Accord | Current
                HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

:pics:

Comment

Pics or didnt happen!
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

I'm concerned with the electric gremlins in the car.....Lorenzo, please make sure the fix won't be another electrical bypasses and what not! This car is dear to all of us, it's a wife that's been slapped by everybody in here :D

Comment

good luck in sorting your car out!

not an easy job coz with an E30 M3 you shouldn't settle for an average kind'a job!

BMW history:
                        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                          I'm concerned with the electric gremlins in the car.....Lorenzo, please make sure the fix won't be another electrical bypasses and what not! This car is dear to all of us, it's a wife that's been slapped by everybody in here :D
                          lol :rofl:

This car belonged to 4 members in our club :D

Nabil
                          Rami
                          Abu 3ali
                          Bruno

:grouphug5:
                          Meskovic
                          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Love to see it Smile on the Road, :Checkflag::Checkflag:

Gooooooooooood luck with the project all the best

Nabil :hi: is it the same car in the sign- or you have 2:///M:) ?

Comment

awesome work bro!!!! all the best! cant wait to see the finished product :)
                              Current
                              E92 M3 - Mineral White
                              F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                              E36 318is
                              E39 540i ///M sport
                              VW CC
                              E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Working...
                              X