Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Care Products

hey guys

does anyone know a place in UAE where various kinds of detailing things can be found?

i have been desperately looking for "Clay Bar" and yet to find any supplier... :(

i need a shop which "sells" hard to find detailing products

then i will let u know about my new detailing project :irule:

ghoonk should be able to answer this one..

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

ACE hardware.....
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

i think he was already at ACE earlier this week when he got the temporary spray paint :P

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

but ACE dont have clay bars....
          anyway, Al Quoz Industrial and DFC in Dubai have beyond what most shops have. I even saw the very good australian (i think) brand "ICE" at Al Quoz. However, i remain faithful to Meguiars, which they have in plenty.

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
            i think he was already at ACE earlier this week when he got the temporary spray paint :P
            +5 :bow:

Comment

Someone called? :)

I can't find clay bars anywhere in this country, which is why I had half a dozen brought in for myself. You can either order it online or if you have no other option, let me know

On a separate note, I now have my Gardena spray nozzle, hose and attachments and am back up and running where detailing is concerned :D :D :D

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                Someone called? :)

I can't find clay bars anywhere in this country, which is why I had half a dozen brought in for myself. You can either order it online or if you have no other option, let me know

On a separate note, I now have my Gardena spray nozzle, hose and attachments and am back up and running where detailing is concerned :D :D :D
                :thanks2:

will u come to wot this weekend ?

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
                  but ACE dont have clay bars....
                  anyway, Al Quoz Industrial and DFC in Dubai have beyond what most shops have. I even saw the very good australian (i think) brand "ICE" at Al Quoz. However, i remain faithful to Meguiars, which they have in plenty.
                  Ice is by Turtle Wax. Meguiars has 3 ranges, one of which is the consumer line that includes Tech Wax and Gold Glass, both of which are acceptable by consumer/hobbyist standards, but not something I would bother with. The Mirror Glaze is what I used to use, before switching to a different formulation and technique designed for durability and a deep glossy look.\

I would usually recommend getting a professional detailer to perform paint restoration on your car, i.e. eliminate the swirl mars and other surface imperfections, after which you can start working on the paint protection on your own. I would also recommend products from Klasse, Pinnacle and Menzerna, all of which are available through online suppliers. Chemical Guys also have some really good products that are easy to use, but I have not been able to get them here as couriers and freight companies are incredibly paranoid over transport of anything liquid these days :P
                  Last edited by ghoonk; 26-02-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinder View Post
                    :thanks2:

will u come to wot this weekend ?
                    Nope. WOT is just that -- Waste Of Time... heh

Evolve.ae is having a post-GRW cum monthly meetup at the Al Araab restaurant at the back of Ibn Battuta Mall (I think it's at the back of India court), and I'll probably be going for that one. Come join us if you have the time :)

Comment

Ice is by Turtle Wax. Meguiars has 3 ranges, one of which is the consumer line that includes Tech Wax and Gold Glass, both of which are acceptable by consumer/hobbyist standards, but not something I would bother with. The Mirror Glaze is what I used to use, before switching to a different formulation and technique designed for durability and a deep glossy look.\

I would usually recommend getting a professional detailer to perform paint restoration on your car, i.e. eliminate the swirl mars and other surface imperfections, after which you can start working on the paint protection on your own. I would also recommend products from Klasse, Pinnacle and Menzerna, all of which are available through online suppliers. Chemical Guys also have some really good products that are easy to use, but I have not been able to get them here as couriers and freight companies are incredibly paranoid over transport of anything liquid these days :P
                      mate u r the man now!

glad to see people keen on detailing here

i want to apply clay bar before starting a big detailing on the paint

unfortunately i have never seen a proffecional (enough) detailer till now

i always encounter with swirl marks on the cars of my friends, say Simon X... i dont wanna kill anyone, i will do it myself (maybe i suicide)

there is no swirl mark on the paint of my car, it is quite good but still needs deep cleaning because of the oxidation and other things which prevents a deep shine from happening

today i found the main distributer of SONAX and Maguiars

will let u know about the progress, keep in touch ;)

thanks!

Comment

Sonax has a professional range but I have not seen them here. I have tried their off the shalf range and have not been impressed.

To get rid of swirl marks, you must first use a claybar to remove embedded surface contaminants, or you will end up grinding grit into the clearcoat. After that, you have to use a medium-cut compound like menzerna PO106 or Optimum Car Polish to clear out the more severe imperfections, followed by use of a fine-cut compound for finishing, before you top off with a good glaze or paint protection system, and finally with a coat of concourso grade wax

I don't think you'd be able to work out the heavy swirls by hand. Been there, tried that
                        Last edited by ghoonk; 26-02-2009, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Sonax has a professional range but I have not seen them here. I have tried their off the shalf range and have not been impressed.

To get rid of swirl marks, you must first use a claybar to remove embedded surface contaminants, or you will end up grinding grit into the clearcoat. After that, you have to use a medium-cut compound like menzerna PO106 or Optimum Car Polish to clear out the more severe imperfections, followed by use of a fine-cut compound for finishing, before you top off with a good glaze or paint protection system, and finally with a coat of concourso grade wax
                          dam man we speak the same language :)

can't wait to talk about those good things with u!!!

Comment

Do you want the best details products? Try this:

http://www.zymol.com/

I've tried the products myself, they rock! The car shines everytime like a brand new one.

I've been talking to them to get the dealership but they are pain in the a$$.

My 2 cents, go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Auto Works View Post
                              Do you want the best details products? Try this:

http://www.zymol.com/

I've tried the products myself, they rock! The car shines everytime like a brand new one.

I've been talking to them to get the dealership but they are pain in the a$$.

My 2 cents, go for it!
                              i just bought the finishing wax of them

it sounds german but i suppose it is american

will see how it works and let u know about it...

Comment

Working...
                              X