Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted my rims and diffuser...myself :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted my rims and diffuser...myself :)

it was a boring Friday, i cleaned the car inside and outside, then i started to work on the engine bay then there was nothing to do

i rolled down to ACE, started to look for something interesting and... i got one :)

i did it in 20 minutes, back rims and diffuser...what about the fronts?

well...eerm...guys this paint is temporary, it is used as a shield on the hood by offroad guys, maybe u came across before :)

but it looks FAN FU...NG TASTIC on the rims, and the best thing it is removable !!! u got bored? khalas wash it out !!!

pics are coming... my car looks like a real beast now!

BTW i am starting a new DIY project on the exterior now, just trying to get the materials together first...will let u now about the details

:pics:

is it black??

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

In the meantime could you tell us what colour did you choose painting your wheels ? Is it the sand colour that most of the offroaders use, is that the one ?

Post the pics soon :)

Comment

comin in 5 min

Comment

Last edited by pathfinder; 23-02-2009, 08:10 AM. Reason: much better like this

Comment

Comment

That looks good Hasan But gun metal would look much better since our cars are light in colour.. BTW is that paint or spray

Comment

spray

i also bought gun metal but it is a permanent paint which i am reluctant to apply

my rims are in a perfect condition and i just don't want to do something irreversible

u like it huh? :) let's get urs painted as well :)

BTW it costs 50-60 AED per bottle and 1 bottle is enough to paint 3 rims

but it was my first time, i shall master it as i do it more

Comment

My rims are in perfect condition too, but in any case if Id choose to paint them then gun metal would me my first choice.
                  If my car was black, red or white colour then definetely black rims would be the choice :)

Comment

I like them a lot Hasan. Good job. I will do the same soon. :)
                    Can you send the brand or photo of the paint can? So I can buy the correct one.
                    sigpic
                    Current
                    2005 Ford Explorer
                    History
                    2006 Dodge Durango 5.7
                    2001 323ci (Manual) :bmw3:
                    2002 Ford Escape 3.0
                    2000 Peugeot 306 1.6
                    1983 E30 3.18ci (My first love):bmwfan:

Comment

diffuser looks good, but sorry but not feeling the rims at all.. looks like dirt & brake dust to me so it's good those are temporary! just my opinion though :)

the only painted stock rims that i ever liked were on simon's S/C M3 coz they were glossy & looked great with that individual color :bow:

BMW history:
                      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by canboz View Post
                        I like them a lot Hasan. Good job. I will do the same soon. :)
                        Can you send the brand or photo of the paint can? So I can buy the correct one.
                        thx homey!

will post the picture of the can as soon as i get to home.

we can do it together if you want, just give me a shout from mirdif ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post

the only painted stock rims that i ever liked were on simon's S/C M3 coz they were glossy & looked great with that individual color :bow:
                          ooh hell yes

it was awesome

Comment

Comment

been 5 days now

still perfect

FYI ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X