Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest TIS and ETK for DIY Fans

Hi guys,
    For those of you who like to do things by thier own. I would like to offer helping you using our exclusive BMW TIS "Technical Information System" and ETK "Electronic Parts Catalog" systems. So if you need to know how to take off any BMW part, fix any BMW part or any part number. Just post your question here.

Thanks for the post... I think some of the members here are already ETK vertrans!!

reading material for when they're bored :lol:
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

hahaha, sadly he's true!! No social life here!!

I'd like to have the instructions on camshafts swap/chang and head service. Also, rear differential bushing removal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
        hahaha, sadly he's true!! No social life here!!

I'd like to have the instructions on camshafts swap/chang and head service. Also, rear differential bushing removal.
        rear differential bushing removal is easy. What do you like to know about camshafts swapping/changing and head service?? Please be specific.

Comment

I know it is...I just wanted to see it in pictures if available.

Regarding the head work, I'd like to see a complete cams removal and reinstallation, how clearances are measured, and the usage of the special timing tools and double VANOS timing as well.

Comment

I know it is...I just wanted to see it in pictures if available.

Regarding the head work, I'd like to see a complete cams removal and reinstallation, how clearances are measured, and the usage of the special timing tools and double VANOS timing as well.
            Which car are we talking about? Any VIN??

Comment

Ohhh, sorry!!

Yea, E46 M3, S54 engine..

Comment

Is the bushing part number "33 31 2 283 419"?? If not please provide it.

Comment

From memory, it ends with 484...

No life here!

Comment

Ayham, 484 is the front rubber mounting for cars with transmission cover. I'm working on getting something for you on both issues.

Comment

Yes, these were made for models after March 2002...

Comment

Ayham, I emailed you something on the bushing. Please check and let me know. Feel free if you need more information or feel that this is nothing new ;)

Comment

Yup! Received..I'll go through it. But it looks like it's for the updated subframe with 2 diff front bushes. Same procedure anyway :)

Thanks...

Comment

Yup! Received..I'll go through it. But it looks like it's for the updated subframe with 2 diff front bushes. Same procedure anyway :)

Thanks...
                            You are most welcome. I'll work on the camshaft thing.

Comment

Rear Curtain

hi, i've got 325i 2003 E46, problem is with the rear curtain. It was working fine but now it does not rolls up completely. Moves few centimeters towards up and dats it. It will go back in once i press the button again.

Any tips for fixing it?

Comment

Working...
                              X