No announcement yet.

It's all in the details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyt Ayham, im in no hurry. Just let me know when its time to kick...

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
      Could you please post some pics of before and after of your car, we guys could get some good idea about their work...
      :pics:
      Sorry i only got these for exterior after the Polish
      Attached Files
      PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli View Post
        Sorry i only got these for exterior after the Polish
        WoW! That car is looking really awesome, love the shine, im definetely taking mine.
        Thanks for posting the pics :thanks:

Comment

Pirelli, could you tell me if you got the paint protection on it or just the polish ?

Comment

No he's just done the polish...Paint protection gives it a deep lush.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Ayham, could you give me some info what exactly paint protection is ?
              I want to know more about it...

Comment

AS promised guys
                The before and after Engine Clean at Pro Shine..:thanks:
                Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Pirelli for posting the pics!
                  Thats like sky and earth difference before and after cleaning.. Sure im taking my car anytime soon to them

Comment

pirelli why are you running an acdelco battery :nono:

clean bay though :drool:

Comment

This is for Daily Use... i have another dry small one for races

sigpic

Comment

I wonder if Proshine or any other valeting company in Dubai can do something like this, and what it would cost. Certainly well worth the effort (those of you who know the intricacies of detailing will understand the amount of effort, patience and attention needed for such a job) and is a whole lot cheaper than putting the car through a respray. If Proshine can restore my exterior paint, I'd certainly be keen since Reem sent my car over to them for the handover job anyway :)

Pretty much a 2 to 3 day job, and keeping in mind that labour costs in Dubai are far lower than in the UK, this really has me wondering what it would cost here. :)

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Actually, that's not quite true. Claybar and polish will prep the surface to make it perfectly smooth, after which a series of glazes and sealants are used to create depth, and usually, either wax or acrylic is used for a FSP (Final Step Product) for shine (wax is used for a more natural shine and aggressive beading, acrylic has a harder shine/gloss and stronger protection against the elements)

Many shops here use a synthetic as their 'paint protection' product, but the reality is that a good sealant in itself offers good paint protection. The real trick (and the time consuming one) lies in the number of layers of sealant applied, which will give it more depth and protection.

However, due to the fact that several hours are needed for a coat to properly cure, most shops do not offer more than 1 or 2 layers (if they're slapping on 3 to 4 layers of sealant in the span of 3 to 4 hours, it's not going to work right).

Personally, I would go to a shop here that can do a proper job of swirl mark removal (mild cut polish, two to 3 layers of glaze, topped off by sealant), after which I would apply approximately 6 to 8 coats of sealant over the next week in my garage for added depth and protection.

Comment

The paint protection is inclusive of an exterior polish job, not just the paint protection...

Don't send the cars yet guys..Wait a lil' longer!

Ssense, are you sure the whole thing is for AED700??
                            AED700 for such a job as listed is pretty much the market price here - Sara charges around AED800 for the same checklist (different products) and X Service Centre charges around AED600 to AED650 (using 3M products

A group buy price would be pretty good, but I have not yet seen their work, and my RS4 had quite a lot of swirl marks when is was handed over to me, meaning that they had cleaned the engine bay and interior and did a very superficial job of the exterior -- I would want the swirl marks polished out (not hidden with glaze, as is a common trick among some shops) and then maintain it aggressively on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by ghoonk View Post
                              AED700 for such a job as listed is pretty much the market price here - Sara charges around AED800 for the same checklist (different products) and X Service Centre charges around AED600 to AED650 (using 3M products

A group buy price would be pretty good, but I have not yet seen their work, and my RS4 had quite a lot of swirl marks when is was handed over to me, meaning that they had cleaned the engine bay and interior and did a very superficial job of the exterior -- I would want the swirl marks polished out (not hidden with glaze, as is a common trick among some shops) and then maintain it aggressively on my own.
                              Ghoonk if you like send your RS4 you will love there work, and mention my name they will take care of your car...

My car had lot of Swirls marks " My Car is BLACK" before sending for Proshine,, and the Result was great... that i just admire looking at the car than driving it...:yuhoo:

As for BMW members, it will not be a group buy, it is a sponsor from Proshine that they will have a special discount on prices for BMW CLUB Exclusively

sigpic

Comment

That's what I was hoping to hear. I will certainly try them out in the next week or so :D

Comment

Working...
                                X