Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
    Theoretically; impossible :)

I think the title of this thread and the individual views make us look like dictators and that people don't have fun in here, while it's the complete opposite as per everybody's feedback for the past 2 years....

*sigh*
    This thread was not intended in any way to make you look like dictators or that it is not fun. In the contrary, I think this is a great club with a great forum, the best in the region. I was just expressing my opinion which was in no way personal. Personal I think of you guys as my brothers and am very impressed with what you did with this club. Again I have seen forums with no control and don't like the way they are, but have also been in other forums with some control that are great.
    I think Mahmoud said it best,
    "this is a forum for fun and information, so donot drop the fun part :please:"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Dear Members,

BMW Club UAE was founded by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, everything the club does is for our benefit, we encourage freedom of speech but we don’t endorse anything that will affect the club's image (im not saying anything has done so yet). Just like in our offices or with family, if we have a complain we have all the right to complain but we don’t do it in front of other employees or other family members, we either send an email or we take the family member to a side and discuss it with him/her, Hence I request any member that has an issue with the Club, board members or moderators to please speak up and tell us your complains, they are feedback after all and we want to hear from you, but do it through the proper channel, emails, PMs or face to face, threads like this will only lead to misunderstanding and quarrels.
      Requesting everyone to support the Club in this matter.

Regards
      Nabil

:shisha: anyone?
      Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
        Dear Members,

BMW Club UAE was founded by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, everything the club does is for our benefit, we encourage freedom of speech but we don’t endorse anything that will affect the club's image (im not saying anything has done so yet). Just like in our offices or with family, if we have a complain we have all the right to complain but we don’t do it in front of other employees or other family members, we either send an email or we take the family member to a side and discuss it with him/her, Hence I request any member that has an issue with the Club, board members or moderators to please speak up and tell us your complains, they are feedback after all and we want to hear from you, but do it through the proper channel, emails, PMs or face to face, threads like this will only lead to misunderstanding and quarrels.
        Requesting everyone to support the Club in this matter.

Regards
        Nabil

anyone?
        I'm sorry Nabil but I don't agree with you on this. If it was personnel then I agree that it shouldn't have been posted as a thread, but should have been approached through PM's, emails, etc.
        This was an opinion and I think it is something that is good to be in public to get feedback. I think it is a healthy discussion that would get good feedback.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
        Schrick cams
        KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

omg what's happening here?

first of all thanks for the opinions lads... all taken note of.

now as a moderator the first thing wrong in this thread is that it's in the wrong section. lol Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

i see no reason why members should be offended when their posts get deleted. i've seen worse situations in other forums where members get warned and issued infractions upon violating rules.

it's just not right for people to hijack others threads with their irrelevant posts so i don't see why these chains of irrelevant posts, that are not supposed to be their in the first place, left untouched.

we as moderators have off topic'ed here and there and some members have done the same, but taking these posts off doesn't make controlling the forums bad now does it?

as things stand currently i'm proud of the variety of our members and how the club grew in the past year or so. yes it's not perfect but i'm glad that we have potential.

Comment

I said what I have :)

+1 to what Hiten Bhaii said ;)
            Meskovic
            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
              as things stand currently i'm proud of the variety of our members and how the club grew in the past year or so. yes it's not perfect but i'm glad that we have potential.
              We are all proud of this great club and all the members. Nothing is perfect but this club is probably the closest thing to it, and yes the potential is great.

No one said otherwise

Mods
              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
              Schrick cams
              KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

I will finish on this note:

The forums have the perfect balance between serious and OT posts. Only when the OT'ing gets carried away in key and important threads do you see us deleting posts and I will stick by that policy...Just because an individual got his/her share of deleted posts suggests there's a pattern in posting by that individual and shall by no means reflect a general trend in moderating these forums. Think of new comers and how frustrating it would be for them to dig out any useful info given the status quo. I believe they are a priority as they'd eventually evolve into old members like you.

A Club is like any other company, it needs funds and sponsors and they are our only life supply. So I'm sorry, but they are a priority to sustain everybody in here.

I thank you all for your feedback.

Comment

Dear mods and members (in other words friends and brothers)
                  based on the fact that forums can transmit the wrong impressions and feelings since it is different than face to face conversations, I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding of my words that were never intended to be offensive to anyone of u (the mods) nor destructive to this nice club, it was just criticism to some practices
                  i am sure this thread was opened by our dear brother qassim (alquazi) to express some concerns about things that have been happening for long not only one post and even my comments r not concerned with "my post", i had my posts deleted before several times and threads locked and i never raised the issue coz i knew that the mod had a reason to do it, my purpose this time is to warn u guys against what u might never notice by your own eyes
                  we all know each other personally and i think intentions behind this thread might not be clear to other members who don't know us thats why i am clearing my point
                  again sorry for ANY misunderstanding
                  I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
                    Dear mods and members (in other words friends and brothers)
                    based on the fact that forums can transmit the wrong impressions and feelings since it is different than face to face conversations, I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding of my words that were never intended to be offensive to anyone of u (the mods) nor destructive to this nice club, it was just criticism to some practices
                    i am sure this thread was opened by our dear brother qassim (alquazi) to express some concerns about things that have been happening for long not only one post and even my comments r not concerned with "my post", i had my posts deleted before several times and threads locked and i never raised the issue coz i knew that the mod had a reason to do it, my purpose this time is to warn u guys against what u might never notice by your own eyes
                    we all know each other personally and i think intentions behind this thread might not be clear to other members who don't know us thats why i am clearing my point
                    again sorry for ANY misunderstanding
                    +1, this was never intended as a personal attack to anyone or to state any shortcomings of this club. This was my own personal opinion that I shared for feedback.

Mods
                    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                    Schrick cams
                    KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Mates, we respect your feedback as much as we respect you in person, your point is clear to us that this thread is not in any way a personal attack to any mod/admin.. Lets not pull the trigger further because we'll end up in 'i said/yousaid' pattern which will make this thread a non-stop.. Assure you your points and suggestions are taken into consideration :)

Now im off this topic..

Alqassim, pm me your number asap, need to get in touch with you regarding something, need your opinion :) and mahmoud, when are you inviting me to Umm El Duniya :D

Comment

OMG guys any plans for the weekend :D????

Comment

i have a question and a suggestion about the post counter and member type designated accordingly

but since it is off topic, i am thinking of opening another subject...

will decide later i am busy now :D

Comment

ya 7abibi :wired:

Comment

:grouphug:
                              :grouphug: :grouphug:
                              :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
                              :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
                              :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
                              :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

BMW history:
                              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

all my posts are usually deleted! and i am the only caveman here..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X