Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The very sad story of a beautiful e39 M5

Guys, i wanted to share the very sad story about one of my ex e39 M5's

The car was manufactured in 2003 and sold to the UAE where it has been bought by an Austrian Expat. He has driven it until 2007 and this is when i bought the car with around 50.000km's which made me the second proud owner of this absolute immaculate and flawless e39 M5. I believe it was the cleanest in the country at that time.

These pics were shot ab it later with around 59000 kilometers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After enjoying and babying the car i have sold it to member Pathfinder from the forums in summer 2008 with around 88000 kilometers on the clock in order to replace it with my Hartge e60 M5. The car was still flawless, scratch less and in absolute immaculate condition inside out. 10 out of 10!

This is during the ownership of member Pathfinder

Member pathfinder then announced on the 06.10.2009 that he has sold the car to another fellow member which i dont want to name here. The car had around 108.000 kilometers on the clock when it was sold. Note that the car was still in absolute immaculate, flawless and scratchelss condition.

Here is the for sale thread: http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2341

Since the car has been manufactured in 2003 it went through 3 pationate, caring and loving owners who managed to keep the car clean, flawless, scratch less and in absolute immaculate condition for 6 years and 108.000 kilometers.

The new owner has done a couple of modifications to it but i personally cant say anything about the condition of the car since after pathfinder has sold it i have never seen it again.

Then the car was involved in an accident and ended up in Sharjah industrial area. Please see the pics below. The mileage to this date is out of my knowledge.

I am not a professional but i would say that this car is definitely totaled. Note that the roof is bent and the car looks pretty bad.

Now i came across a dubizzle thread which makes me think that this could be the car in the pictures above. I am not saying that i am sure but it is very suspicious.. Even the buildings in the background look familiar. It is a 2003 model, but the mileage is lower. I called the "owner" and he said first that he bought it from a pakistani guy then after questioning he told me he bought it from a jordanian guy. The car has not its original "Titanium Silber" color and has been repainted in i think what may be "clearwater blue" After asking about the paint he said that the bumper has been repainted cause it was scratched. He was not aware about the previous owners and he said the car is accident free. Suspiscious is that the car is a 2003 so therefore a facelift model but it has the pre facelift taillights.

Another importatnt thing is that that the blue color never came with that interior combo. Event he M5 Badge on the trunk looks similarly faded. I have no idea if the airbags have been deployed in the accident.

I repeat, i AM NOT SAYING that this is the same car but i think that it could be.

Below are the pictures of the car for sale

In case any of you is interested in buying it i would just strongly recommend to find out as much about the history of the car as possible.

R.I.P my beloved Titan Silber e39 M5!!!
    sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
    Dubai Investment Park 2
    The Curve Building Complex
    Warehouse No.1
    P.O Box 28638
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Office: +97148830851
    Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
    Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

It was a friday morning, I went to shj to have my hair cut.

Guys saw my car parked, everybody was looking at it.

I had it cut, went out, and saw a sctratch of 50cm on the bonnet...then spent 5 hrs on it and made it disappear substantially.

I remember I was about to cry when I first saw it. Now seeing this...

Just recalled this and wanted to share...

Comment

I’m not against anyone here ,, I’m just trying to talk logically ..

As you mentioned , your EX car was titan silver , also the accidental car was similar color ..but the last car in the picture is Blue water metallic ,, completely different color ,,

And if it’s really had such serious accident , then it will very stupid for people who repaired it to repaint it in different color than the original ..

That’s my opinion .

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
        I’m not against anyone here ,, I’m just trying to talk logically ..

As you mentioned , your EX car was titan silver , also the accidental car was similar color ..but the last car in the picture is Blue water metallic ,, completely different color ,,

And if it’s really had such serious accident , then it will very stupid for people who repaired it to repaint it in different color than the original ..

That’s my opinion .
        Ehssan.. i am sorry and i dont ment to be rude.. but did you just look at the pictures and you didnt read what i wrote?

And the accidental car was not simliar color.. it was the actual CAR!!!
        sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
        Dubai Investment Park 2
        Warehouse No.1
        P.O Box 28638

Comment

The accident car pictures were taken by myself and Bruno (you can see his shoes in one of them pics :D). They wanted us to buy it as scrap metal, we took the car for a damage inspection, the drive shaft was bent; that was that for us. Kindly sent it back declining the purchase.

The post-repair/Dubizzle pictures clearly show the misaligned rear subframe work and alignment (check rear driver wheel). Still, won't say it is mentioned members ex car. If one of them can share with me the chassis number, I will personally go and cross check. Last thing we want is this car lands with one unsuspecting member.

Comment

check the VIN number...........problem solved
            I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              The accident car pictures were taken by myself and Bruno (you can see his shoes in one of them pics :D). They wanted us to buy it as scrap metal, we took the car for a damage inspection, the drive shaft was bent; that was that for us. Kindly sent it back declining the purchase.

The post-repair/Dubizzle pictures clearly show the misaligned rear subframe work and alignment (check rear driver wheel). Still, won't say it is mentioned members ex car. If one of them can share with me the chassis number, I will personally go and cross check. Last thing we want is this car lands with one unsuspecting member.
              Thanx for your support ayham.. you are speaking out of my mind... I just dont want somebody end up with a big peace of crap. I dont think i have the chassis number somewhere... Hmmm let me think.. maybe at Tony Edwards where i had the car serviced?

I asked the guy for the chassis number but he didnt really wanted to give it to me.. he had some excuses.

The number is posted on dubizzle.. can somebody call him up.. maybe arabic speaking and ask him for the VIN?

Mr, Bedewi.. if it would have been so easy i would have done it.. But the guy declined to give it to me..
              Last edited by Simon Motorsport; 22-09-2011, 01:47 PM.
              sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
              Dubai Investment Park 2
              Warehouse No.1
              P.O Box 28638

Comment

Franz, from service records you have, can you PM me the chassis number?

Comment

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
                  Mr, Bedewi.. if it would have been so easy i would have done it.. But the guy declined to give it to me..
                  I understand, but I meant post your ex M5 VIN then ppl can check it against the registration card if they want the car in Sharjah
                  I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Franz, from service records you have, can you PM me the chassis number?
                    I need to check wether i have anything left somewhere.. dont think so.. i ll give Tony Edwards a call.. they should have it.. once i have it i will PM it to you!
                    sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                    Dubai Investment Park 2
                    Warehouse No.1
                    P.O Box 28638

Comment

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
                      Ehssan.. i am sorry and i dont ment to be rude.. but did you just look at the pictures and you didnt read what i wrote?

And the accidental car was not simliar color.. it was the actual CAR!!!
                      From the Sad Drama story you started with ,, I just skipped the rest of what you wrote , it was too long .. :lol: ...

I'm sorry dude but seriously I was like WTF , for sure it's not the same car .. :D

Comment

Regardless if it's the same car or not, I guess a simple vin verification can put things into perspective. As for te nature of this thread, it's very informative and I'm glad of the level of awareness represented to the public is taken into account. The club becomes strong with such knowledge base IMHO. The OP did state clearly that it might not be it and was showing the other members a story line of what once was a brilliant car.

Now all what is left is someone to dig up the vin of that car and shoot it here.

Comment

From the photos, this car is parked at Al Balaawi in SHJ. His cars are known for rarity and clean condition, but he has had repaired cars sold without an excuse before. So, I'm not surprised. IF I have time, I'll pass by his showroom and take a look at the car from the outside just to confirm if its repaired or not....Wow if this is true.

Just checked Al Balaawi's contact number and it doesn't match the ones posted on Dubizzle. Let's hope the photos are not a scam as well!!
                          Last edited by SewerSideUp; 22-09-2011, 08:05 PM.
                          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I am very surprised you are suspicious about the facts:

"similarly faded M5 badge"
                            "2003 model"
                            "interior colors"
                            "familiar buildings"

There is no way someone spent the money to fix your old car... it was buckled, bent, broken, smashed!!!! This car would have been a hard sell just as a PART OUT car!!!

Not to say it's not impossible as anything is... but pretty far fetched.

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUS View Post
                              I am very surprised you are suspicious about the facts:

"similarly faded M5 badge"
                              "2003 model"
                              "interior colors"
                              "familiar buildings"

There is no way someone spent the money to fix your old car... it was buckled, bent, broken, smashed!!!! This car would have been a hard sell just as a PART OUT car!!!

Not to say it's not impossible as anything is... but pretty far fetched.
                              This is why when a car gets as much as a scratch on the chassis it's considered as a write off in places like the US and the EU. If you see the amount of wrecked cars that are coming in from the US and how badly they are mangled, the way they get repaired and then sold to people, you'd cry!!
                              I personally saw a 2010 Ford Mustang get the entire front clip replaced after a frontal impact which left the car at almost half its original length. And it actually got registered, given that shop was really professional. And if it were the same car, as Ayham stated it had a bend drive shaft. They would replace it with one from a 530i or whatever bolts on there or might not even bolt on!! This a daily case here, don't be surprised.
                              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
                              X