Custom Widebody Sedan - Grey Metallic Matte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Widebody Sedan - Grey Metallic Matte

Hello folks, thought i'd post pictures to my newly transformed 330. Work done so far

- Custom wide body
    - Custom Hood with the facelift kidney grills
    - Custom doors give highlights to wide body, and removal of door guards
    - Custom Kerscher M-Line 2 front bumper
    - Custom CSL trunk
    - Custom Roof Spoiler
    - Custom SRS Rear bumper
    - Custom Quad exhaust, and removal of resonators
    - Custom metallic matte finish

I've already lowered it, and having huge trouble driving it; need to get hold of a good lowering kit so my fenders don't scrap. It still requires few tweaks until I find it complete. And here are few pictures :)

-Sheldon

Project DVS
    Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
    CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

sweet ride bro!!! looks great! one of a kind i must say!!good job!
    ________
    Best Portable Vaporizer On The Market
    Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:45 AM.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Not my cup of tea, but it could be with a few touches:

- Change the rims to high end ones; HRE, BBS, ASA, Volk, etc. All the work and effort you've put is let down by the rims IMHO. You don't need to spend big money on them, the options are limitless. But at the sizes of rims with widebodies, they're more expensive than common sizes. You've gone all the way, don't stop at the most important feature.

- I think it'd be brought to life if you actually paint it and not just leave it matt black. Interlagos Blue or Phoenix Yellow would make it stand out.

The car is rubbing for one or both reasons; soft suspension (soft soring rates/saggy shocks) and wrong rims offset. What are your rims and tires sizes? It'll go a long way helping you sort out the rubbing issues. Also, how much wider is the car at every corner compared to OEM fenders?

What is the new exhaust setup? Or these are dummy tips on the passenger side? And although I'm a big fan of BMW side and bumper mouldings (I think one of the biggest mistakes in new BMW designs is not using them), I think your car did benefit from not using them. Gives it that shaved look...Props! ;)

I love the CSL replica trunk, done rather nicely. There's another member here with a custom widebody E36 who just signed in a couple of days ago. Still awaiting his pics to be posted. Where have you done yours? My guess is both are creations of the same shop :)

Welcome to the Club....

Comment

Sorry, just saw that you've used a custom quad exhaust setup!

Comment

Congratulations on your project... i've seen your car when it was still under construction on e46fanatics... very interesting that it came out to be such a lovely project.

Few comments to fully complete the look IMHO. you just need some signature rims and delete the turn signals on the mirrors.. this will take care of the looks for good :)

The srs bumper was my favorite rear bumper style; i always wanted it on my 330ci.
          The mate black is damn good!
          Welcome and keep on posting mate.

Comment

Great looking car!
            You've spent your money, and i don't intend to let it go unnoticed - Just that i feel the matte black doesn't do justice to the beast you've tamed.

And good rims - thats a must.

But on the whole, Love your ride bro!
            Cheers
            H
            2008 325i coupe
            Stock

Comment

Car looks real good, I must say. Even if it's not my style, but it's not riced out. At all !

Great way of blending the car together, and I do second the rims issue. You need something to properly accent the car. Other than that, I can't wait to take photos of that thing, enjoy the Club and Welcome !
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

that's a sweet project but there's always room for improvement.. it's not ricey at all & that's a very good start i'd say paint it something nice & bright, maybe when you get bored of the dull matt finish :)

i agree to what everyone said about the rims, take a look at my iForged 19's (link in my sig) :thanks2:

BMW history:
                07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

well personally i love the Matte Black finish!! :D..... but yea, the rims could be changed for somethin else...Haissams's anthracite iforged would look good on them!
                  ________
                  Harley-davidson s-125
                  Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:46 AM.
                  Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

i like the matt black finish too... any light color will look :ghey:

throw the iforged on the car and you will have a very unique outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      i like the matt black finish too... any light color will look :ghey:
                      i didn't mean bright like orange or yellow.. would be nice in some unique blue (estoril for example :bow:)

BMW history:

Comment

:welcome2: and nice car you have there... If you don't me asking, who did the bodywork for you?

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                        i didn't mean bright like orange or yellow.. would be nice in some unique blue (estoril for example :bow:)
                        I think it would look good in Imola Red with black or silver accents
                        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Haissam, what are your iForged offsets?

Comment

why do i have a feeling that you guys scared him away :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                              Haissam, what are your iForged offsets?
                              i'm not 100% sure coz iForged don't show their offsets..

i expect around ET 35-38 front & rears

BMW history:

Comment

Working...
                              X