Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my M.......

Hello fellow bimmer fanatics

The search is over and I have found and bought the E36 M3 I was looking for. Details of the car are as follows:

1995 3.0L Avus blue(plz confirm the color name anyone) coupe.
    Car has done 156K and has only had 2 previous owners with good service history.
    Interior is light grey Leather, and the car has 18 inch 3-series rims ( They look like the M6 rims alot)
    The best thing about the car is that it has mostly stock parts such as full stock exhaust, body work, interior, and engine. No ricer touches or any aftermarket parts...This was actually a main aim for me and it was not something easy to find since most M3 owners here thought it was cool to have their own touches on the car..I want mine to be as OEM as possible.

Now to the bad news, I've had my car for less than 4 days and its already in the garage. After taking it to a full check up and engine oil flushing and change with filter along with fan belt change etc. we noticed that the coolant water was highly rusty and dirty so decided to flush the system too before putting the proper cooling flued instead of regular tap water which was used before. Unfortunately a few minutes after taking the car out of the garage, the car started leaking water heavily which turned out to be caused by a rusty pipe that had busted after flushing which was located very deep behing the engine bay. The bigger problem than getting to the pipe after taking out the whole side of the engine was finding a new similar metal pipe :(...The car has been in the garage for 2 days as we continue to look for the part!!! I guess the car wanted to give me a taste of what it would be like to own an :///M:

I was very excited to post this thread as soon as i got the car but i was waiting to get some pics to add to the post so that i dont get the "This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics" BANNER so i promise to add pics by next weekend if the car is hopefuly done by then :yessir:

Thanks,

vaaauv a sister to mine!!!

even in the same color...maan believe me u will never regret having this car

mabrook

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Can you take a pic of the pipe bro? While you're at it and since there has been rust in your coolant, I highly recommend changing your radiator, water pump, T-stat and its housing, and coolant hoses. This is nothing to take lightly as it would cost you your engined.

Don't worry, these cars are bulletproof once built and serviced "properly", wait till you've owned and E46 :D

Comment

congrats man & don't worry about this problem it's nothing major & you'll get it sorted out soon.. it'll be great if you could find a set of original 17s to maintain the OEM look :)

u bought the car in lebanon right? good thing is there's tons of places who can work on BMWs there without ripping you off :)

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Can you take a pic of the pipe bro?:D
          I was at the garage this morning and saw the pipe, its sort of L shaped with a minor lump in the middle. It runs exactly behind the engine so the left side of the engine had to be taken out to get to it such as intake etc.

If they dont find the part today I'll go get pics post for sure.

Comment

Thanks Haissam...I honestly dont like the OEM rims alot since they look out styled so the rims are the only thing I am not minding to have not as stock at this point. I'll c wht u guys think of the car once i post pics to make any changes to it.

Comment

Ayham, the pipe's serial number is : 11531318403...dunno if that helps in any way to know which part im talking about.

Comment

that would be item number 10 on the diagram attached
                http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...11&fg=35&hl=18

congrats... pls do me one favor. change those rims :slap:

:D

Comment

Thats exactly the part:trophy:

Comment

Congrats on the car... but like Bruno said, please put OEM rims on
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                      Congrats on the car... but like Bruno said, please put OEM rims on
                      i said it first :spank: :spank2:

BMW history:
                      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

HAha Word ^
                        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Congratulations the car and hope it will be OK the coming few days!

Comment

congrats man! dont worry, good things comes to those who wait.

Comment

Thanks guys...just got word that the car is ready. The pipe has been replaced along with a small air hose which was found to be worn out too...Damage is $400:bash:

Cant wait to take her out tonight!!

Comment

Working...
                              X