135i Tunning - The Ultimate Racing Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

135i Tunning - The Ultimate Racing Car

Among the BMW community and true addicts, the 135i Coupe model needs no further introduction. Every since its launch in 2007, the BMW 135i Coupe has earned the title of one of most exciting to drive cars in the BMW line-up.

Many BMW owners, tuning and modding shops had and still have fun modifying the standard features and convert the Coupe into an iconic racecar. The white painted 135i Coupe featured in our article belongs to David S., a long time reader of our blog and an even bigger BMW fan. The tuned up 135i made its debut this year at the 24 hour race at Nurburgring and was praised by the press and the community present at the event.

Together with his friends, David S. created a 135i Motorsport kit that turns the 135i Coupe into a real race car. With that being said, let’s take a look at some of the changes implemented by them:

Engine

The standard 326 horsepower has been increased to 360 ponies coming out of the award-winning N54, but all of this with a hefty price: 2,400 euros.

Bodywork

As with any respectable racing car, the exterior design elements revolve around the use of fiber carbon, starting with the M3 E92 style hood, trunk, front-bumper and doors.

Suspension/Wheels

The 135i Motorsport runs on 18″ wheels and uses the Intrax Suspension 4-way(around 5,500 euros).

Interior

Again, plenty of carbon fiber parts, a performance steering wheel, sifter and of course, the beautiful Recaro Pole Position seats.(1,550 euros each)

For complete pricing, details or more photos, feel free to visit Motorsport24.de (English Translation)

Source: bmwblog
    Last edited by SSense; 28-08-2009, 04:50 PM.

The 135i is an very nice car and this modifications will make it perform a lot better but it's still not really a very nice car to look at....just my opinion...
    Photographer
    My Website

Comment

Cant wait to see Ayhams reaction to this thread....hope he doesnt pass out due to excitement :P
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by faisal View Post
        The 135i is an very nice car and this modifications will make it perform a lot better but it's still not really a very nice car to look at....just my opinion...
        +1

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
        Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

+2
          the front end has something not matching
          I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Someone has hacked into my dreams!!!!! WHO???

As for the looks, I think the front end looks like a "Happy Puppy"! Nothing a set of eyelids can't fix ;)

But seriously, I've seen this car in my day dreams....

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post

As for the looks, I think the front end looks like a "Happy Puppy"! Nothing a set of eyelids can't fix ;)
              ^perfect description.........it looks innocent
              it needs a more aggressive look that suites its performance :evil:
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Damn, now that's a BMW 135i !!! :drool::drool::drool:

Btw, the headlights ( without the lenses ) look better on the 1 series then the ones with the lenses/bi-xenon !
                sigpic
                07' HFP Accord | Current
                HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Here's the full price list of the conversion:

Engine / Gearbox

Power boost to 360 hp - 2,400 EUR
                  Sport Exhaust - 920,00 EUR
                  Hinterachssperre 45% - 3.450 EUR
                  Shifter - 166 EUR

Suspension / wheel

Intrax Suspension 135i Motorsport 2-way - 3,500 EUR
                  Intrax 135i Motorsport Suspension 4 way - 5,500 EUR
                  GTR front - 7.950 EUR
                  M3 E92 alloy wheels 18 "incl tires - 2,500 EUR

Bodywork

Hood made of fiberglass in the M3 E92 V8-style power dome and air operations in visible carbon, optionally with quick release system, or to mount on the factory take-up points - 1,190 EUR
                  Kofferaumdeckel of fiberglass in the style of the M3 E46 CSL, optionally with quick-release system, or to mount on the factory take-up points - 1,190 EUR
                  Doors made of fiberglass - 1,190 EUR (per piece)
                  7-piece body kit made of fiberglass, consisting of left and right front fenders, side and rear left and right, performance sills, front bumper performance - 3,950 EUR

Safety / Interior

Cage - 3,490 EUR
                  Lexan windows, 3-piece - 450 EUR
                  1 Series Performance Seat - 1.550 EUR (per piece)
                  1er Recaro Pole Position - 1.550 EUR (per piece)
                  Aluminum foot rest - 61 EUR
                  Aluminum pedals edition - EUR 85
                  Conversion Speedo 360 km / h - 450 EUR
                  Conversion Tachometer - 450 EUR

Comment

*faints*
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Love this car for it being a pocket rocket, tiny with so much power and performance :drool:

Comment

Working...
                      X