Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbee
    replied
    So, things have been going slow in terms of modding... I have been spending money though, just need time to get the acquired parts installed.

Random, heavily edited pic by Google Photos:

vs Straight of the phone

I managed to find a South African gent who opened up a PDR and SMART repair store and this recently expanded and at the time of me wanting to send the car to him he moved to a new bigger premises and asked if i can allow him some time to settle before sending my car in. Of course, i was happy to do so.

The mentioned store will be fitting and painting some parts for me.
    - Calipers (Tossing between Yellow or Red)
    - Intake Scoops - Currently Red, but will be painted to match the calipers.
    - Front GTS CF lip
    - Front gloss black kidney grilles
    - Side fender gloss black grilles
    - Remove the current slim boot spoiler and install the Performance CF Spoiler

Pics of the new parts:

Im not so sure on the Black M3 badges, it was sent free of charge and while i like the black badge, it feels out of place as it is bigger than the current M3 badge on the trunk.
    The puddle lights, i will fit them myself.

Im planning to send the car to CarDip, to get the silver window and roof line trim either wrapped or painted in a peel-able paint. Prices are sort of high so im still thinking about the POA.

Thats the plan, im hoping the car goes in next week to get the bits fitted and calipers sorted. Then the step is to send her for a service and get the oil analysis done together with a oil and filter change and maybe the spark plugs if required.

On the whole, the car is just so enjoyable. I found myself driving into a sandstorm a few weekend ago just cos i did not want to stop driving the car. Ended up meeting Andy and some gents from the BMWClubUAE for breakfast an hour away from home.
    Weather here is just perfect for the drop top and no need to say, topless is always winning, for the car that it... The intake and exhaust note of the V8 is just so amazing!

I have not really pushed the car, like to illegal speeds just yet. Want to have it serviced and get it tip top before i push to the limit or close by and i plan to attend a Yas Marina Track Night soon to do such!

However, i did do a 1-3 gear WOT pull and man oh man, it sounds and goes so well! Since owning this car, i wonder why it took me so long to get one!

Enjoy - More to come soon!

UPDATES!!!

So the M3 went to Dentworx to have the brake calipers painted and as mentioned above, the owner is a saffa and was kind enough to accept the job to fit the CF and Gloss black bits i had purchased... Off she went!!

Shane sent me this pic and i was amazed!!!

We had some rain and sandstorms again while the car was with Dentworx so excuse the filthy M3...

The day came around to collect the car and i rushed through after work to be welcomed by this:

Man! If i may say so myself :blowheart:

Painted calipers and gloss black fender grills

Family trip to Dubai ended up being dual purposed as the M3 needed a brake service so i took it along with to Octane Service Centre, who are BMWClubUAE sponsors. I dropped the car off and had them do a oil and brake service and a check through the engine and suspension. Gladly, the bill was not too much as the suspension was good as well as the engine. Only coil 7 and the engine and gearbox mounts needed some attention. Had these replaced, some new oil and brake fluid and we were good to go...

My brother in law was with, so while the wife drove the Ford, i drove the M3 and he took a pic... :=):

Divio's brother joined us at Mall of Emirates for some Cheesecake Factory and he wanted to peek at the car (at the request from Divio)...

Some randoms as well as a cleaned out numberplate bracket pic!

For now, i spent a bit on the car. Focus on next will be bearings and wheels. Not sure on suspension just yet... Maybe later...

Skittles!!!

Honestly, dont feel the need to mod this car much, its just so enjoyable as it is that im in no rush to get mods done. Maintenance yeah, bearings first. Hopefully, i will leave the car with Octane in July/August when i plan to head to SA for a few weeks.

Attended a really chilled out event yesterday by Flat.12 called Ramadan Drives. With an almost 15 hours of fasting, and the shortened working hours we tend to have a lot of free time and free time that needs to pass by quick. My working hours are 9am to 2pm in Ramadan, most companies and stores are closed anyway between 4pm and 7pm. So, this event was posed to help kill time until we break fast at 7pm.

Met with a couple friends, the F80's, E92, F30 and E46 and went to the first meeting point. I was really in awe of all the cars. Classics to modern to exotics, it was all there. Roughly 60 cars... Made some new friends too! Here's some pics...

I want to start this post by saying a huge thank you to @Divio for always being there when i was in SA, ready to take pics when ever needed. BMWFanatics is really lucky to have a fanatic like Divio in the crew. Even when Divio visited Dubai last year, he took some pics of my ex-X3 and all this is appreciated 10 folds now...

So, i guess you got the drift, i had a photoshoot done for my cars out in the desert roads here in Abu Dhabi. Here are some of the pics...

Leave a comment:

• Arbee
    started a topic Arbee's 2009 BMW E93 ///M3

Arbee's 2009 BMW E93 ///M3

Hi All,
    Great forum, thanks to all involved for bringing this back up.

Im going to be copying and pasting my build thread info from another forum so take that into consideration when reading below.

Shes a 2009 E93 M3 in Melbourne Red with an interior color i cannot for the life of me remember now - Will look it up!
    Has all the options ticked. Including a Dinan Catback...

75 xxxkm on clock on date of purchase which was 21 January 2019.

It belonged to a BMWClubUAE member and is in tip top condition, well taken care off. Paint needs some TLC in terms of a good detailed cleaning and i will of course be adding a coating.

On to the pics...
    The day i went to see the car and seal the deal

Collecting... As above, the car was based in Dubai hence when moving (exporting) to another Emirate its got to be de-registered in the seller emirate and re-registered in the buyers emirate. In this case, Dubai to Abu Dhabi...

Not as easy as getting a temporary permit and driving between!

Had to get it onto a flat bed, take a 2 hour drive (80km/h in the tow truck) from Dubai to Abu Dhabi and get it registered. Thankfully, things here in the UAE are pretty efficient and are open almost 24 hours!

Once in Abu Dhabi, registration done and first wash...

United with her sibling at home! Yes, all 3 parking are allocated to me!

I like it as it is, just a few little changes and additions aesthetically and she will be perfect!

PS... The Signature on the Dash, Bruno Spengler.

Some pics with the top down!

Cold start!

https://youtu.be/M_BGgRys9mw?list=UU...Z9vmrAkB5Xv-tA

[youtube]https://youtu.be/M_BGgRys9mw?list=UUSp2le5cMZ9vmrAkB5Xv-tA[/youtube]

Had a busy weekend...
    Drove to Dubai for a work function on Thursday night, first "long" drive, 250km return. 140km/h speed limit road. Initial impressions of the Dinan exhaust is good - Actually, i cannot fault it. It sounds good on idle and slow driving. Highway driving its pretty quiet, no drone and very comfy and when you do get a chance to put foot, it sounds even better.

Something that @444YYY pointed out to me - My car, being a LHD, the driver sits behind the intake so the intake sounds is louder to the driver. I noticed this as well, you can actually hear the intake sounds especially with the top down.

Friday morning, got up early in excitement and well, my son didnt let me go back to sleep. So i figured i take him with to get some DIY going...

Got the bonnet shocks from BMW on Thursday, so replaced them quickly. Planned to change the kidney grills as well, but i didnt have a T30 torx, so i ordered some tools and will tackle the grills next weekend.

Went for the BMWClubUAE BBQ in the Park meet on Friday

Seems like the logical move after a M car, is Porsche!?

Drove the Ford after a week, forgot about it... LOL

Finished off with the detail and coating last night... Amazing how the color just brightened up. Also got the sport number plate!

So, ever since i owned the E90 330d, i always wanted intake scoops, i feel they really suite the front end (over and above the actual purpose of it, which is arguable i suppose) especially when the color is bright and behind blacked out grilles.

I ordered a set directly from aFe in the states on Monday morning. Yesterday, the item was delivered to me. Needless to say, i got installing immediately. Didnt take much pics along the way, here is a link of the product and installation video i followed.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-54-11...mic-air-scoops

Will get some more pics outside where they are more visible.

After installing these, my back was sore. LOL...
Working...
X