Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E46 M3 - New Look

The car came out from Falcons yesterday

- Bodywork: Full body paint, polish, wax + interior trim paint (beautiful matt black) + matt black front grill + matt black side grills plus engine and interior detail job.

- Mechanical: Decat, 4 new discs, 4 carbotec break pads (amazing performance), oils, filters, spark plugs

- Short Shifter plus DSSR (Double Shear Selector Rod)...I should have done this years ago, no one can believe the difference

- Wheels: New 19""Rims (bought from Simon B) + 4 new tires
    The rims lip have been painted red....i personally didnt like it when i first saw it, then i started to accept the idea...comments are welcomed.

By the way...lots of thanks to Yousef who gave alot from his own time for this job, much appreciated man. also big thanks to Falcons for the special Club discount! that was really nice and Ayham who got stuck in traffic twice to pick up my short shifter from aramex.

Thanks guys
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Luay; 17-03-2009, 06:24 PM.
    sigpic

Luay I saw the car yesterday at falcons before it was delivered to you and was really impressed. I liked everything that was done it except the painted wheels. I think they would look great if you would have painted the center black. All the car is red and black except the wheels that stand out in a negative way. I loved the short shifter it felt great, I have the same one in my car.
    P.S. You need to lower you car
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

the car looks good after the respray.... but the rims doesnt look good with that lip painted red.
      sigpic
      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
      Falcons Garage
      Carbotech

Comment

:nicerims:
        But :nono: for the painted lip !
        sigpic
        07' HFP Accord | Current
        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

looks great... Luay didn't have the choice but to paint the lip in a different color.

but the car looks tasty in real

Comment

After sleeping over it, I guess painting the outer lip only in red would be a much better idea. Keep the rest of the lip the same color as the centre, or just keep it without painting :)

Comment

Can someone photshop the pics with black center wheels please.
              keep the lip red
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
              Schrick cams
              KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Looks very nice Luay, like everyone said I agree with them regarding the painted red lip, or else the car is great and needs a little lowering.
                What's the reason for getting a full body repainted

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                  What's the reason for getting a full body repainted
                  Full body paint wasnt an easy thing to ask for, i had some scratches on the rear fender long time ago, i couldnt keep the car without fixing them so i painted the fender...i think you know the rest, i like how it looks now!

Regarding the lip thing, i seriously dunno, one of the rim's lip got seriously scratched and thats why i had to paint the lip in a different color. I like the rims as they originally were...polished stainless steel lip but unfortunately that was just a layer on top of the lip, and it went off!
                  Last edited by Luay; 16-03-2009, 03:11 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

One more question Luay, hows the paint job done ? Does it look any different than how it came from the dealer

Comment

this is how its supposed to look like :)
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

I my opinion.. paint the rims black and keep only the outer lip in red.. it would look massive...
                        sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                        Dubai Investment Park 2
                        The Curve Building Complex
                        Warehouse No.1
                        P.O Box 28638
                        Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                        Office: +97148830851
                        Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                        Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                        Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

:thanks:

Mods
                          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                          Schrick cams
                          KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                            One more question Luay, hows the paint job done ? Does it look any different than how it came from the dealer
                            The paint job is EXCELLENT, the car is now 6 years old and its original paint wasnt as shiny and as clean as it is now. I would do anything to have a private parking lot in Abu Dhabi...i hope it doesnt get scratched soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Once again Congrats Luay Cant wait to see it in real, Im sure pics dont do the justice..

Comment

Working...
                              X