My bracket racing experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bracket racing experience!

So I decided to register for a bracket racing event on Monday night!

Here's how it works, you register your dial in index. There were a choice of 13s, 12s, 10s, 9s and an open index. I decided to register in the 13s index because I was running stock wheels and tires.

The name of the game is simple, get as close to 13s as possible without breaking it! Otherwise I'm out! I got 2 qualifying chances to make it. This was my first run which took me by surprise completely.. I was hoping for 13.4 or 13.2.

MDM, S5 with shifts at 7500rpm.

[YOUTUBE]WXqlrd-vgc8[/YOUTUBE]

My next run was the best experience of my life! Too bad my camera died on me moments before it. Good that it did cause I was screaming like a little girl inside!!! LOL

I decided to do exactly the same except... S4 with shifts at 6500rpm. And guess what my time was????

13.02!!!! Woooooooootooootoo!!!!

Hopefully someone got it on camera and I will be able to post that run up here!

Oh and I was drawn against a modded EVO X, I lost cause I broke my time again although I beat him to the finish line!!!
    Last edited by designo; 17-02-2011, 07:30 AM.

ahmed y u delayed lunching?! i think in that trial if u start moving in the same time with him....u ll beat him!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

The 1/4 mile time starts counting when the car moves. Not when the light turns green. In this video, I was doing my first qualifying run, so reaction time was not important. I wanted to concentrate on my launch without distraction of other driver!

Only when you race head to head, does reaction time count! Because in head to head racing, it's all about who crosses the finish line first. Not who gets the quickest 1/4 mile time!

In bracket racing, it's much more tricky. Not only do you have to cross the finish line before the other guy, but you must NOT break your dial in time!

Comment

Ya ahmed why don't we hear about these events ????

Comment

Interesting game :)

Comment

lunch control RPM it was at 4500rpm?

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Why are u using mdm. It was horrible when I had my m6

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                lunch control RPM it was at 4500rpm?
                I did not use LC. I power-braked at 1700rpm

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                Why are u using mdm. It was horrible when I had my m6
                No traction Bruno! Worn out street tires will break traction and I was in no mood to sit there for the first 60' of track feathering the throttle!

Driving on concrete with glue on top is not the same as tarmac!

Comment

Very Well Done Ahmed!

Excellent Skills!
                  sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

nice

very nice :///M:

Comment

Impressive :)
                      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Thanks guys! Will be hitting the F1 track again this friday!

Comment

Salam Ahmed!

How has been your experience with your new brake pads?

sigpic

Comment

Will be installing them tomorrow morning!

Comment

Originally posted by designo View Post
                              Will be installing them tomorrow morning!
                              Great

Please give us some feedback on how they perform on the road and track.

Also, how do they feel when they have not reached the operating tempratures.

And I forgot where you bought them from?

Thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X