BMW M3 25th Anniversary- Four Generations in 30 Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M3 25th Anniversary- Four Generations in 30 Minutes

M3 models have been derived from the E30, E36, E46 and E90/E92/E93 3 Series, and sold with coupé, sedan and convertible body styles.

Based on the 1986 model year E30 3-Series, the first M3 was introduced with a 2.3 L I4 engine.

The E36 M3 debuted in February, 1992 and hit the dealers’ showrooms in November that year; it was the first M3 powered by a six-cylinder engine, displacing 2990 cc and developing 282 hp. Initially available as a coupé only, BMW introduced M3 convertible/cabriolet and saloon/sedan versions in 1994.

The E46 M3, first introduced in October, 2000, appeared worldwide with the new 3.2 L S54 M-tuned engine. At the time of the car’s introduction, this engine had the highest specific output naturally aspirated engine ever made by BMW, producing 333 horsepower and 365 Nm (269 lb-ft).

The BMW E46 M3 CSL (coupe sports lightweight) was a limited edition version of the M3, with only 1,400 cars being produced for its 2004 model year run.

The fourth generation BMW M3 was announced on the 2007 Geneva Auto Show with the BMW M3 concept. Just as the previous M3 generations all introduced a completely new engine, the fourth generation M3 did the same: the BMW S65 engine was introduced. This S65B40 is a naturally aspirated, high revving 4-liter V8 (based on the S85B50 5-liter V10 that powers the E60/E61 M5 and the E63/E64 M6 to date), delivering 414 horsepower at 8,300 rpm, with peak torque at 400 Nm (300 lb-ft) at 3,900 rpm, which represents a power increase of 22% over the E46 M3.

Now, with the M3’s 25th anniversary just around the corner, BMW releases a series of commemorative videos showing all the M3 generations in all their glory.

Our sources indicate that the BMW M3 GTS will be launched during the 25th anniversary event, followed by some laps around the famous Nurburgring.
    [YOUTUBE]i6CrVKetOwU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]czjD1BkNx-M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]49w-fZJVRro[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

Awesome!
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

///MotorSport, nuff said!!
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Nice !!
        sigpic
        07' HFP Accord | Current
        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Absolute greatness...

Comment

From E30 to E92: 25 years of BMW M3 history

[YOUTUBE]-PSp0ZRAIYc[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Brilliant stuff!

Comment

fantabulous ..
                sigpic:evil:

Comment

the M-divsion is putting an advertisment in the theaters across uae... for once something that makes sense

i have a small surprise to share for the 25th Anniversary. it's small but cool, will share later.

Comment

And that's why I'm so against the X5 and X6 M versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      And that's why I'm so against the X5 and X6 M versions.
                      :lol:
                      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

[QUOTE=Bruno;113638]the M-divsion is putting an advertisment in the theaters across uae... for once something that makes sense

I have seen the commercial once, it was pretty cool. Where can I find it online? Anywhere on youtube?

Comment

E92 M3 25th year anniversary edition FTW !!!

Comment

Working...
                          X