X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: 5.7 liter stroker V10 dyno

From Turner Motorsport:

Originally posted by willturner
    The engine on the 5.7 liter "stroker" engine we installed in an M6 has finally passed the break-in point. So first things first.....

[youtube]3i9rZD-NBr8[/youtube]
    Watch in High Quality

And for anyone who missed the photos of the install of this engine, you can find them here:

Turner Motorsport Gallery | E63 M6 5.7 Liter Stroker Motor Install - June, 2008

Enjoy.

-WT
    ... Anyway - here is the deal, its pretty simple

1) Our customer dropped off his M6 to get baselined - That is the yellow line on the dyno graph - showing 430hp (max). 430 on our dyno is about what every stock M5 or M6 makes on our dyno. That is horsepower at the wheels, to get it at the crank (on our dyno) you add 15 or 16 percent - which would equal about 500 crank horsepower again. The most from a stock M6 we have seen is 439 at the wheels btw.

2) Then the customer decided he wanted the full Supersprint exhaust and software... after the install we dynoed the car again. That is the black line on the dyno (you can see that the torque gain was huge compared to stock) The M6 with the Supersprint system made 480 rear wheel horsepower (which is about 550 hp at the crank)

3) Recently the customer had us install a 5.7 stroker motor- (with enlarged throttlebodies and modified airboxes) -which the customer provided -so I dont know the cost or the specific internal components. The Supersprint headers, cats and mufflers were retained We did the install here and then stuck it on the dyno. The blue line is the stroker motor results. The most impressive part (to me) is not just the horsepower but the torque , look how much more it makes over stock...On our dyno the stroker made 564 rear wheel hp or about 648 crank horsepower.

I will share some driving expereinces with the board soon but dont have time to do so now. The car is pretty impressive... actually its unbelievable.

-Will
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Unbelievable figures! Looking at the gains from the exhaust, I think the mail you've sent me regarding the ACR Stage II is actually correct. Maybe the V10 has different thermodynamics/dynamics or it's been insanely restricted from BMW itself.

Comment

It's the metallic cats that is effecting the performance, I guess the exhaust isn't clean enough to pass emissions, hence the use of 4 cats
      ...petrolhead

Comment

the M POWERED V10 engine is very mod-choholic. it responds quite well to mods

Comment

I think this is the "Holy Grail" you should be seeking Rami!!! ;) TMS are the dog dangelies!

Comment

That motor costs upwards of $50,000 not including the other parts and labour... If the next M5 isn't going to be that much more powerful and better looking than the current model... then maybe it is a possibility... maybe ;)
            ...petrolhead

Comment

I was referring to the full exhaust + TMS chip..

Comment

Full SuperSprint Exhaust will cost about AED 40,000 from what I have researched online... still waiting for a reply from TAM regarding pricing for the various exhaust parts
                ...petrolhead

Comment

Ive seen this thing on other forums, its truely a monster.

Comment

:bow: TMS :bow:
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      the M POWERED V10 engine is very mod-choholic. it responds quite well to mods
                      You're right, but then these V10s are the last versions.. BMW is bringing its V8s for M5s once again, just a little different strategy by adding a supercharger ;)

Comment

^^ That's not right!! That's not what nature intended for the "S" engines..

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                          ^^ That's not right!! That's not what nature intended for the "S" engines..
                          You're right, I dont think id ever install a supercharger in my car...

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                            You're right, but then these V10s are the last versions.. BMW is bringing its V8s for M5s once again, just a little different strategy by adding a supercharger ;)
                            Not supercharger but turbocharger... taking from the regular engines and modifying them... In all cases FI shouldn't be on any M car
                            ...petrolhead

Comment

Man they're blinded by the nonsense compitition! The M series has it's die hards, we could've gone for the RS6 if we wanted FI on our cars when it first launched (which is an astonishing car to say the least)....

Comment

Working...
                              X