Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Review: BMW 335is – As Much Fun as an M3 For $9,000 Less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Review: BMW 335is – As Much Fun as an M3 For $9,000 Less?

Here we go…..comparisons between the BMW 335is and the M3 models are starting to pile up. We’ve started yesterday with our own comparison, but written in a funny, entertaining way. Now, Autospies takes it to a more serious level and gives us a closer look at the BMW 335is and the differences from the standard model.

With the new 335i, BMW brings a lot of visual updates to the standard 335i. At the front fascia, the 335is sports a wider mouth to feed more air, the fog lamps have been removed on the Coupe model, but will remain on the convertible. To use the extra air properly, BMW has fitted an additional radiator behind the left-front air intake, along with a more powerful electric cooling fan. An oil cooling pan has been added opposite of the second radiator, as well. The engine mounts that hold the 335i in place well enough are gone for even stronger units on the 335is, to ensure maximum performance under the heavier loads and conditions that the ‘is’ can cope with.

All of the updates that we reported for the E92 and E93 335i, like the LED taillights, corona lights along with the redesigned hood and kidney grill are standard, as you would expect, on the 335is models.

BMW is outfitting the 335is with M aerodynamics, meaning new front and rear fascia and sideskirts. Uniquely, there is a new rear diffuser that has air strakes that control air flow and help reduce lift at the rear-end, along with 335is badging on the side fenders, just under the side turn signals, and the rear of decklid. High gloss black surrounds the kidney grill and the wing mirrors, as well as black Shadowline window trim. 18″ ferric grey alloy wheels are standard, with 19″ M alloy wheels being optional.

To keep with the 335is’ unique status, the interior has been modified to include, an M Sport steering wheel, sport seats, anthracite headliner, M door sills, M driver’s footrest, M gearshift knob, and stainless steel sport pedals. The instrument cluster features dials in dark grey with a 335is badge on the tachometer. The passenger side dashboard also features a 335is badge on the standard aluminum glacier silver dark trim.

Let’s take a closer look at the BMW 335is Coupe.
    [YOUTUBE]I7nnmPJXsIQ[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

cool man ..

Comment

Who is this car made for?
      The illiterate consumers. This is the outcome of the consumerist mentality car makers are using to make more money; more badges and packages and extras, and more money in return.

Comment

Originally posted by Haitham View Post
        The illiterate consumers. This is the outcome of the consumerist mentality car makers are using to make more money; more badges and packages and extras, and more money in return.
        to a certain extent, i agree..

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

M is M

Comment

^ :///M: is :///M: !
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Working...
            X