Top Gear – BMW X5 M vs Audi Q7 V12 TDI vs Range Rover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear – BMW X5 M vs Audi Q7 V12 TDI vs Range Rover

Maybe not the most accurate nor appropriate vehicle comparison, but Top Gear’s latest episodes gives us a reason to bring the new BMW X5 M on the front page.

While the regular X5 model is a direct competitor to the Audi Q7 and somewhat to the Range Rover, the Motorsport X5, that would be the X5 M, is absolutely out of the other two vehicles’ league, even when Top Gear throws is the top Audi Q7 model, V12 TDI, and the Range Rover

BMW X5 M is powered by a tuned up 4.4 liter V8 M engine delivering 555 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 500 lb-ft of torque from 1,500 to 5,650 rpm. The M TwinPower Turbo V8 engine is matted to a 6-Speed Steptronic automatic transmission that offers three driving modes: Normal (D), Sport (S), and M-Sport. Top speed is limited to 155 mph and runs 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds.
    [YOUTUBE]BNzCS2mzEhE[/YOUTUBE]

The Audi Q7 V12 TDI was developed by Audi’s Quattro GmbH high-performance division, and Audi even considered officially dubbing it an RS model. This 6.0-liter V-12 is completely new, but it shares components with Audi’s family of V-6, V-8, and V-10 engines. It produces 500 horsepower and 758 pound-feet of torque (1000 Nm). The crossover is capable of hitting 62 mph in 5.5 seconds, with a limited top speed of 155 mph. Maximum torque is available from just 1,750 rpm.

Range Rover, as Clarkson says, is heavier and slower than the German rivals. We’re not sure if he’s comparing the ride quality or the performance, but Top Gear refers the Rover as being the most comfortable from the group. It is powered by a 5.0 liter supercharged V8 with 510 horsepower and 461 lb/ft torque. 0-60mph in 5.9 sec.

Now, we’ll give them this, the LCD screen with dual-view based on the viewing angle is pretty neat.

So, let’s take a look at the videos ans see what “the anti-SUVs” Clarkson has to say.
    [YOUTUBE]vxxxeLf945s[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

:bow::bow::bow: X5 M :bow::bow::bow:

Comment

wawa weewaaaaa!

the X5M for a sports SAV :drool: & the Range Rover for a luxurious one :bow:

sorry Audi you're out :thumbsdown:

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

man that screen is amaaazing !! and the part where he wanna get rid of the cam crew is so hilarious lol.. i must admit it though they are really creative...
        they always impress me with the way they edit and shoot their footage.. just PERFECT !
        Last edited by Moe; 08-12-2009, 11:15 PM.

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
        Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

Originally posted by Moe-335 View Post
          man that screen is amaaazing !!
          Exactly my thought! Its amazing how the driver doesnt get to watch the DVD and only the passengers do, very interesting invention by RR.. :drool:

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
            Exactly my thought! Its amazing how the driver doesnt get to watch the DVD and only the passengers do, very interesting invention by RR.. :drool:
            I can imagine the driver tryin the new screen and swinging left and ri8 to check the DVD and nav in the 1st couple of weeks :rofl:

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
            Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

X5:///M: is :drool:

Range Rover screen is :bow:
              sigpic
              07' HFP Accord | Current
              HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Range Rover > X5M !!! My 0.000000000000000001$ !

Top Gear, the best automotive show ever !!! EVERR!!!
                Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                eMail:
                Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

I love JC even more now that he has confirmed all my doubts and whining about having an SUV M car!!!!!!!

Ridiculous car!! Period...

Comment

X5M for a daily crazy drive

Range for the weekend, classy dinners!

Audi = out!!!!

I've seen the range rover up close, waaaaw mashallah! beautiful in every sense! the new LED lights, the screeen (amazing invention), and the luxury interior! BMW and Audi come nothing close to a range rover's interior!
                    sigpic
                    Audi R8 - White / Blk
                    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Working...
                    X