Video Review: “Old School” 1983 BMW 733i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Review: “Old School” 1983 BMW 733i

The BMW E23 is the first BMW 7 Series luxury car, produced by the German automaker BMW. Replacing the BMW E3 large sedan, the E23 was produced for ten years from 1977 to 1987 and was replaced by the BMW E32 7 Series in 1986.

Only the 733i, 735i, and L7 were offered in America. As usual, BMW sold only upscale versions in the American market, with leather upholstery, cruise control, wood trim, power windows, power sunroof, and other options as standard. These cars were fitted with larger bumpers (to comply with Federal standards), smaller sealed beam headlights, and various forms of emissions equipment that were not found on European-market cars. American-market engines used lower-compression pistons and thus were less powerful than European-market versions.

Our friend Gunnar Heinrich over at automobilesdeluxe.tv goes back in time, both in terms of his ….physical appearance and the car reviewed, and gives us a great video on the BMW 733i.
    [YOUTUBE]eFqzZdHRdFY[/YOUTUBE]

A minor styling update in 1983 affected the ‘nose’ of the car (the front ‘kidney’ grilles, valance/spoiler, bumpers etc) as well as the dashboard and instrument panels which received updates.

Let’s let Gunnar tell us all about this classy 7er.
    Source: bmwblog

at some points it seems like hes comparin it to the cars of nowadays production :S
    sigpic
    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

lovely car, stupid review..

i think 80s bimmers had way more character than today's...

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
      X