Top Gear: BMW 760Li vs. Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear: BMW 760Li vs. Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG

Top Gear returns with a new episode and for us, the BMW fans, it gets quite exciting. Top Gear decides to compare the all new BMW flagship, 760Li, against Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG. The BMW 760i and 760Li are powered by a completely new 6.0-liter V12 all-aluminum engine with Twin-Turbo Technology.

The V12 engine outputs 544 horsepower at 5,000 rpm, with maximum torque of 533 lb-ft at 1,500.The engine is matted to an 8-speed automatic transmission and the 760 runs from 0-60 mph in just 4.6 seconds.

Now, let’s take a look at the Mercedes Benz S63 AMG. The S63 uses a 6.3-liter V8 engine which outputs a hefty 456 lb-ft. of torque on tap and 518-horsepower. The engine is matted to AMG-modified seven-speed automatic.

Who takes the crown? Let’s watch this great video from Top Gear.
    [YOUTUBE]rM5S6RO1AxQ[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

Wirelessly posted (AK47's Blackberry: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.199 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

This truly was an AWESOME battle!! The episode was truly epic :D Top Gear really is the best show ever made!

These two cars are CRAZY!
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I dont understand how come they didnt compare the 760Li to S65, I mean why S63 and not the S65 :dunno:

Anyways, good to see Top Gear back again :woot:

Comment

Both cars are amaaaaazing! I still love the looks of the S63 way better than the 760! i think i just cant get over the fact that this new 7 series looks soooooo similar to the previous one! it should not be considered the new shape!

Excellent video! Top Gear rocks!
        sigpic
        Audi R8 - White / Blk
        Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
          I dont understand how come they didnt compare the 760Li to S65, I mean why S63 and not the S65 :dunno:

I think this is why they didnt compare it with S65, over S63 BMW have advantage, but then why they compared them, may be price factor, diffrence between s63 and s65 is huge, and 760li costs same as s63, Just my idea.

Qoute from MERCEDES Website,

The S65 AMG blends the whisper-smooth performance of the flagship Mercedes-Benz four-door sedan with the astonishing power of AMG's 6-litre bi-turbo V-12 engine. The AMG engine produces 603 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque, for 0-100 km/h test track times of about 4.4 seconds, making it one of the world's quickest four-door sedans.

To handle the high speed performance of the AMG bi-turbo engine, the S65 AMG is equipped with high- performance eight-piston calipers and compound brake rotors, and our 5-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT automatic transmission.
          --------------------------------
          Money cant buy happiness but, then somehow,
          sigpic
          its more comfortable to cry in a BMW than on a bicycle!

PS: I am only lazy on the days that end with "y".

Comment

amazing comaparison....:thanks2:

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

amaziing Video !! LOVE THE 760 !!

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
              Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

nice video ali

I like the bmw760li its amazing car

its faster than m6 right ?

Currently Own:
                -2009 BMW 335i
                -2007 BMW 540i
                -----------------------
                follow me in twitter
                @MANSOOR335I

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post

Torque figures buddy!!

I personally didn't know which one is better up until this review :)

760Li, in other words "Move over poor man!" :rofl:

Comment

Are they being sarcastic by handing the cars to "Mr.Slow"? lol
                    sigpic
                    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

On the contrary, he represents the target audience best!

Comment

Originally posted by w7dawe335i View Post
                        nice video ali

I like the bmw760li its amazing car

its faster than m6 right ?
                        a corolla is faster than an M6

Comment

Love the vid !!!
                          Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                          Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                          Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                          Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                          1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                          Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                          eMail:
                          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                            On the contrary, he represents the target audience best!
                            +1 on James May

Comment

Working...
                            X