Video: And another BMW M5 vs. Cadillac CTS-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video: And another BMW M5 vs. Cadillac CTS-V

We’ve said it before, but we feel the need to reiterate: this has to be one of the most popular comparisons involving the M5 that we have seen in months, if not years. The UK fellows at Autocar are taking the BMW M5 and Cadillac CTS-V on track for a little rendezvous and tete-a-tete. That’s the English equivalent for a meeting and head-to-head, for those of us that missed the French classes in high school.

The BMW M5 is powered by a naturally aspirated V10 that has 500 horsepower at 7750 rpm and 383 lb-ft of torque at 6100 rpm. The M5 weighs in at just 4,012 lbs.

Cadillac CTS-V has a far more powerful engine under the hood, a 6.2L Supercharged V8, packing 556 horsepower at 6100 rpm and 551 lb-ft of torque at 3800 rpm. Keep these figures fresh in your mind… The CTS-V only weighs 4200/4300lbs, in manual and automatic trim.

Previously released official numbers show that the M5 runs from 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds while the CTS-V is a tad faster, stopping the clock at 4.2 seconds. But let’s see how these two cars compete each other on 1/4 mile and 0-100 mph. What about at 140-150mph?
    [YOUTUBE]NbrBPTZGzs8[/YOUTUBE]

Source: bmwblog

it is 7 speed gearbox

(hope cad does not have 7 spd gearbox too)

Comment

CTS-V has got 6-speed gearbox..

Comment

Time to trade in my Beast for American Muscle :rofl2:
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
        Schrick cams
        Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
        Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
        KW Coilovers V3
        WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Wanna buy my dad's Lumina SS?
          Meskovic
          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

I hate the CTS-V!!! I hate that its compared to the beautiful M5!!!

CTS-V, still looks like a grandpa's car!!!
            sigpic
            Audi R8 - White / Blk
            Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

told you this car was fast :D http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1634

the new M5 with the V8TT has to be really special to regain top spot against this CTS-V, the Jag XFR & the new E63 AMG.. i think it'll be a good one :bow:

can't wait TBH!

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                Wanna buy my dad's Lumina SS?
                No but can I use it to practice before my race? :)
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                Schrick cams
                Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                KW Coilovers V3
                WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

No :)
                  Meskovic
                  this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

sh!tty comparison if u ask me... M5 always and forever! it's like comparing a beautifully painted work of art to a freakin cat pissing on an isle!!!

let's see how those two handle on the track! and which is still alive after the run is done!

Hate american cars... always have and always will!! they are the choice of pykees!!!
                    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

That American car posted faster times on the Ring :)
                      sigpic
                      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                      Falcons Garage
                      Carbotech

Comment

I still like the CTS-V, care none to Jeremy's review on TG. It's a pure muscle car with leather seats. They're just FUN man!! :D

Comment

they used to be yea

i dont like any american produced after 1972 (excluding Beyonce, including Britney ;))

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                            sh!tty comparison if u ask me... M5 always and forever! it's like comparing a beautifully painted work of art to a freakin cat pissing on an isle!!!

let's see how those two handle on the track! and which is still alive after the run is done!

Hate american cars... always have and always will!! they are the choice of pykees!!!
                            hahah twice in 2 days! a new word you learnt my man ?? :P
                            2008 325i coupe
                            Stock

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                              :read: the link i posted ^

Originally posted by Bashar M. View Post
                              That American car posted faster times on the Ring :)
                              and by a margin..

i think the days of the E60 M5 are gone really.. all competitors are somehow ahead now but it's only a matter of time for the next M5 to be back on top again :D

BMW history:
                              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Working...
                              X