E30 vs S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSense View Post
    This is what I call being mature :bow: well done Mahmoud !
    thanks alot ali
    guys........ donot forget that i posted this vid :rofl:
    I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post

I just love watching the drivers feet... hehe
      Keep your fetish to urself please!
      Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
        Keep your fetish to urself please!
        :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Well, I've driven both and I tell you the S2K is a hell of a machine. It's SO FOCUSED it's not meant for anybody. You pay the asking price for an engine, gearbox, and a steering wheel. It's a bit on the nervous side, which is sometimes a plus or a negative, depending on who you are...

I have seen both cars on the same track (Jebel Ali) for years and they run similar times. The S2K would be the twitchy screamer, and the E30 would be the one with finess.

My $0.2...

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
            Bashar u watch touge battles ...right?
            how come they pick the amuse s2000 as the "touge monster" if it is not a great car????
            i always watch this show best motoring :)
            i think if i'm a japanese guy and i run a japanese show and i have a very good japanese driver i think i need a japanese car to call it a monster :) like the "touge monster amuse s2000" the japanese people would be upset if the show will come up with a german touge monster :Checkflag::popcorn:
            Last edited by ernest; 23-04-2009, 09:26 PM.
            Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Well, I've driven both and I tell you the S2K is a hell of a machine. It's SO FOCUSED it's not meant for anybody. You pay the asking price for an engine, gearbox, and a steering wheel. It's a bit on the nervous side, which is sometimes a plus or a negative, depending on who you are...

I have seen both cars on the same track (Jebel Ali) for years and they run similar times. The S2K would be the twitchy screamer, and the E30 would be the one with finess.

My $0.2...
              Exactly what was displayed in the video.
              sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
              Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
              LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
              P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
              Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by ernest View Post
                i always watch this show best motoring :)
                i think if i'm a japanese guy and i run a japanese show and i have a very good japanese driver i think i need a japanese car to call it a monster :) like the "touge monster amuse s2000" the japanese people would be upset if the show will come up with a german touge monster :Checkflag::popcorn:
                i know they never ran a german car on the touge because touge is a japanese culture, even the word "touge" is japanese
                but review my posts i wasn't comparing E30 and S2000 or saying S2000 is better than german cars
                i was just saying that S2000 is a great unique machine
                an E30 is a legend no one can deny, and both cars r my among my admired cars, this thats why i said both are great

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post

My $0.2...
                  and i witnessed this last saturday both bruno's E30 and akram's S2000 on the track .........no comment except masha allah...u enjoy watching

Comment

http://auto.joy.cn/video/476295.htm

since the original video was removed from Youtube, I found the link above of the episode that has the battle, this is a recap dedicated to Ayham since we discussed the comparison between the 2 cars in Hafeet

Comment

Feel privileged to have tested both cars back to back on the same mountain road. The whole difference boils down to engine locations; S2K's mounted more away from the front axle compared to the E30. S2K fastest way to go around corner is a continuous throttle-steering modulation from turn-in to corner-exit, where as the E30 is very dependent on corner entry technique. From there, it's a gradual increase in throttle input with gradual steering unlock.

Loved both, true drivers' chariots. However, the S14 packs more punch than the K20, which is always handy.

Comment

the main idea in the driver and engine position of an S2000 is minimizing moment of inertia (something I never liked to study in university, if they explained it with an s2000 illustrative example I would have grasped it in no time :rofl:) most of the mass of the car is located very close to its center of gravity the overhangs are very light specially the front one since the engine is mid front
                        As I told you it is still amazing how Hardcore engineering works in the E30, something with late 80s tech can still keep up with a late 90s tech car but let me tell you S2000 is Hardcore as well since they minimized electronic aids
                        just one correction for your statement about president :) , S2000 has a F20C or F22C engine not K20A, the K20A is the type R EP3 civic engine

Comment

with all my respect to the HONDA.... BMW rules
                          sigpic
                          Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

wat mahmoud was sayin resumes the whole story: the S2000 is an admirable car,the E30 is a Legend...
                            sigpic

Comment

^^+1
                              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

^^ +10000
                                sigpic
                                Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

Working...
                                X