Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nobody did that

engineering effort spent for IS-F is crappy

supra was much cheaper than any other sports car in its era, just like the rest of all japanese cars

i was thinking of buying one second hand IS-F till i heard that it was more expensive than M3

so why should i buy IS-F?

Comment

+1
      i agree that the price is exaggerated
      I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

IS-F is an overpriced car in my IMO..

Comment

my friend imported an IS-F from the states brand new with all specs & was planning to sell it for 250-260k AED in dubai.. don't think that's more than an M3 :dunno:

US prices are real, UAE prices are rip-offs

BMW history:
          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

First of all the IS-F is not more expensive than the M3, secondly, you guys talk about it as if it was destroyed in the race. You do realize that it was on the C63's ***, and don't forget, the IS-F is in its first year of production therefore for Lexus to come up with a car from the first time that can compete with the C63 and M3 is very good, i'm sure they will come up with a version that will beat both very soon...

ps. I'm not taking sides with the IS-F...

Comment

can u tell me the numbers?
              how much is the M3?
              how much is the ISF?

Comment

There you go, these prices are from the US, therefore no stupid Mark-up like they do here in AGMC, so the Lexus is priced around the M3, see for yourself...:

IS-F
                http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1237781279348

M3
                http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1237781212082

Comment

since the price issue is now clear
                  i think it is a matter of taste to pick one car or the other
                  coz still i think both cars r good engineering it is just japanese flavor vs german flavor

Comment

i'd take the M3 for sure, but still the IS-F is a nice car :)

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by samer110 View Post
                      First of all the IS-F is not more expensive than the M3, secondly, you guys talk about it as if it was destroyed in the race. You do realize that it was on the C63's ***, and don't forget, the IS-F is in its first year of production therefore for Lexus to come up with a car from the first time that can compete with the C63 and M3 is very good, i'm sure they will come up with a version that will beat both very soon...

ps. I'm not taking sides with the IS-F...
                      It merely looks like it... :nono:

If you compare these cars to eachother, the C63 is the heavy weight, literally but with awesome power. Cornering is more like fighting a bull however. The M3 however follows the C63 like a racehorse with no fat at all. Lean and agile with a driveability the Merc is not capable of. Just look at those video moments where the M3 rears the Merc in corners. Its superb roadholding gives it the extra edge. Surely the Merc has got more power...thats a fact.
                      The ISF is in to early stage of development to compete with two thoroughbred racehorses like the Merc and M3. You can put any large engine in a hood and it'll run. But its all about the style in which it corners and passes gears like ... like...like a BMW E92 M3 with sequential double clutch gearing...

Its out boys. BMW is the best horse around today :bmwbest:
                      sigpic

Comment

i agree with your "concepts" about power-handling
                        but still i stick to my "flavor" theory ....german flavor vs japanese flavor ....choose wat u like and respect the other
                        for example i have seen 350z beating E46 M3 does this mean 350z is better ??
                        ISF comes from toyota ..........never underestimate them they can do alot of improvements

Comment

the best engine producer is

Toyota for patrol car

Isuzu for diesels

CATERPILLAR for heavy machines

IMO

Comment

Working...
                          X