Rolls Royce RR4 Prototype Caught in Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolls Royce RR4 Prototype Caught in Dubai

Following the recent launch of the Phantom Coupe in Abu Dhabi, loyal WCF readers have caught the baby RR4 lurking on the roads of Dubai. It was back in May of this year Rolls Royce officially announced the RR4 with a couple of teasers sketches and just over a month ago since our last spy photos.

Despite receiving the chassis and componentry from the F01 long wheel base BMW 7-Series, the RR4 is said to feature it's own exclusive engine. However, it is believed the engine will just be a variant of existing BMW engines such as a slightly higher displacement version of BMW's 407hp twin-turbo 4.4-liter V8 already seen in the X6 or an uprated version of BMW's 6.0-litre V12 in the current 760i.

The diminutive ultra-luxury Roller is scheduled for a 2010 launch. We expect RR4 prototypes to gradually shed their camouflage over the course of 2009.
    [youtube]EqKNAcKjVVE[/youtube]
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

wonder if procede will chip that V8 TT to 500+ ponies :D

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

lol at the titan driver trying to catch up nice one

Comment

BTW I wonder what do these prototype cars test in Dubai... weather or roads :dunno: ?

Comment

Exactly... but now isn't the time to test for weather, they should do in the middle of the summer at high humidity and temperature
          ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
            Exactly... but now isn't the time to test for weather, they should do in the middle of the summer at high humidity and temperature
            thats exactly what i was thinking :dunno:

Comment

Working...
            X