BMW M4 GT4 masters first endurance tests at 24h Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M4 GT4 masters first endurance tests at 24h Dubai

Customer racing: BMW M4 GT4 completes just under 3,000 test kilometres in race conditions in Dubai.

24h Dubai: First test for the BMW M4 GT4 under race conditions.

Dubai (UAE) hosted the first important 24-hour race of the 2017 season this weekend. This year, the newest member of the BMW customer racing range took on the challenge in the desert: Schubert Motorsport tested the BMW M4 GT4, which is still in development, in race conditions for the first time. BMW works drivers Jörg Müller and Jens Klingmann, and BMW Motorsport Junior Ricky Collard (GBR) took it in turns behind the wheel. The endurance test was a resounding success – both in terms of the performance of the GT4 car as well as its reliability.

24 hours of Dubai: One-two result for Sorg Rennsport.

In addition to the new BMW M4 GT4, ten other BMW race cars were in the starting line-up at the 24-hour race in Dubai. In the BMW M235i Racing Cup class, the Sorg Rennsport team celebrated a one-two result on the 5.390-kilometre track. The victorious number 151 BMW M235i Racing was driven by Stephan Epp, Christian Andreas Franz, Heiko Eichenberg (all GER), as well as Michael Hollerweger (AUT) and Oskar Sandberg (NOR). Ahmed Al Melaihi (ARE), Jesus Diez, José Manuel de los Milagros (both ESP), George Richardson (GBR) and Shawn Peh (SGP) took it in turns behind the wheel of the second-placed car. Third place went to Hermann Bock, Rainer Partl and Max Partl (all GER) in the Bonk Motorsport BMW M235i Racing.
    Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White
Working...
X