Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X5-M and X6-M ???

Hope it's not a repost...

The prototype X5 and X6 M have enlarged air intakes with white LED headlamps up front and aerodynamic rear bumpers with quad pipes poking out the back

the exhaust notes are a reported dead giveaway: the X5 M prototype sounding like a twin-turbo V8, while the X6 M sounds more like a V10 or V12.

Source:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/26/s...n-spartanburg/

more pics:
    http://www.autoblog.com/photos/bmw-x...-shots/999584/
    Satisfaction can also be spelled: B.M.W

E90 320i - soon to retire
    19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current
    M-performance kit // M-performance steering wheel with race displays.

Thanks for posting Amarant and dont worry, it isnt a repost.
    Ive heard about the X5 M, but im curious when would it be releasing, cuz i heard rumours that it might be released within this year, but dont think so, cuz i havent seen the X5 M's pics even online, no traces of it, which means most probably by next year, 2009-2010 release.

Comment

i'm guessing they are coming in 2010 since those were the 1st to be spotted testing

19" Black CSL replicas staggured F:8.5", R:9.5" // continental sport contact2 F:235/35/19, R:255/35/19 // Blacklines taillights// Black OEM rear spoiler // Matt Black grill // Y-connector // 30% V-kool tint // H&R sport springs // H&R TRAK+ Wheels Spacers // Black roof+mirrors // De-badged

F30 335i - Current

Comment

i think if there'll be real ///M versions of the X5 & X6, they'd both have the same powerplant..
        i always thought it would be based on the twin turbo as in X6 50i with some extra ponies, but i don't know :dunno:

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Lets wait and watch for any upcoming updates, thats what we can do..

Comment

the dudes testing the car in the first picture seem extremely happy... let's hope it outperforms all competitors

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the X6 is ridiculous and wishes that BMW had the integrity to refuse to build "sporting" soft roaders? In what way are these "Ultimate Driving Machines", unless you mean ultimately compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by muppet View Post
                Am I the only one who thinks the X6 is ridiculous and wishes that BMW had the integrity to refuse to build "sporting" soft roaders? In what way are these "Ultimate Driving Machines", unless you mean ultimately compromised.
                I dont really appreciate or like the look of the X6 :nono: X5 is way better.

Comment

i really think that the X6 is such a unique car, X5's are all over the place

and the engines range in the X6 is amazing

F30 335i - Current

Comment

^^ No other way could they sell it!!!

M-built SUVs is against nature..

Comment

Originally posted by Amarant View Post
                      i really think that the X6 is such a unique car, X5's are all over the place
                      X5s are all over the place due to their high increasing demand, if demand for the X6s was high you could see them very often like the X5s.
                      Out of ten X5s on a road you get to see only one or hardly two X6s.

Comment

^^^ it's a sword with 2 blades

due to the high demand of the X5, there will X6's sold for those who want to be unique ...

and BMW was smart to give the X6 those F/I engines ...

F30 335i - Current

Comment

Working...
                        X