Final Current-Generation BMW Z4 Rolls off Production Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Current-Generation BMW Z4 Rolls off Production Line

This past Thursday the final BMW Z4 of the current generation rolled off the production line at BMW's Spartanburg manufacturing plant in North Carolina. It marks the end of an era for the facility which has built more than 200,000 Z4s over the past seven years with production being shifted over to Germany for the new model.
    “It’s been a great car for the plant and although the BMW Z4 put us on the map, it doesn't define us” said Bobby Hitt, BMW Manufacturing spokesman referring to the future plans of the facility.
    The plant is currently undergoing a massive $750 million expansion which will add a 1.2 million square foot assembly facility as well as expand the paint shop. The results will see the X5, X6 and the next generation X3 assembled at the plant.
    The next generation model is expected to debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November, it may be unveiled as a concept version initially but as with previous BMW concepts (M3,X6), styling would not differ much come production time. BMW will continue to offer a large range of engines which will include the twin-turbo 3.0-liter from the 335i and the Z4 M is set to get the new 4.0 liter V8 from the M3. There are also rumours of a diesel being available.
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Haissam !!

Now you can sleep happy !!

The M3's V8 dude !
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
        Haissam !!

Now you can sleep happy !!

The M3's V8 dude !
        if that happens, it'll be in 2011 or even 2012, i.e. 2-3 years after introducing next generation Z4.. and that'll be a folding hardtop Z4 so no more "real coupe" :)

the Z4MC i had will remain a classic :drool:

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

IF there was a true Z4MC again, would ya ???
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
            IF there was a true Z4MC again, would ya ???
            i'd love to drive one for sure, but don't think i'd buy it..

if i were to buy a sports coupe again, it'll be a Carrera

BMW history:

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
              i'd love to drive one for sure, but don't think i'd buy it..

if i were to buy a sports coupe again, it'll be a Carrera
              +1

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
              Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

now that's :ghey: if you tell me GT3 i will accept it but a regular one can't tempt me and will never do!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                  now that's :ghey: if you tell me GT3 i will accept it but a regular one can't tempt me and will never do!
                  maybe when ur 28 you'll change your mind :rofl:

BMW history:

Comment

this could be the next generation Z4.. to a certain extent :)

BMW history:

Comment

The next gen Z4 will be much bigger in size to compete with the SL-Class, probably similar in size to a 6er, so it might be called a Z6
                      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                        The next gen Z4 will be much bigger in size to compete with the SL-Class, probably similar in size to a 6er, so it might be called a Z6
                        i don't think this is still valid..

BMW history:

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                          If you're talking about competition with the SL65 AMG, the Black series, then hope BMW comes out with something which can really stand beside the AMG, cuz SL65 Black series is simply a monster

Comment

Haissam i suppose u knw tht the pics u posted are PS right ?
                            Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                            Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                            Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                            Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                            1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                            Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                            eMail:
                            Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                              this could be the next generation Z4.. to a certain extent :)
                              if it is anything close to that, it will be my new favorite "new styled" bmw to date.

that looks awesome, and is way better looking than the current z4.

:D

Comment

Working...
                              X