BMW i-brand cars caught winter testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW i-brand cars caught winter testing

A production prototype for the BMW i8 hybrid supercar has been caught doing a round of testing. But this time we are treated to a full blown video featuring nearly 5 minutes of footage as well as a few high resolution static images.
    BMW previewed the model at the Frankfurt Motor Show when they unveiled the i8 Concept. It is the model that will sit at the pinnacle of the company's "i" sub-brand above the i3 that was also previewed at the same show.
    The concept featured a turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder petrol engine coupled with an electric motor that generated a combined output of 353 PS (260 kW / 349 hp) and 550 Nm (406 Nm) of torque. Recent rumors have indicated the Bavarian company will look to exchange this powertrain with a turbocharged four-cylinder unit, possibly in search of a few extra ponies under the sheet metal.
    Performance-wise we should be expecting the i8 to accelerate from 0-100kph (0-62mph) in around 4.8 seconds which is slightly slower than the concept. Pricing should start at around $235,000 putting it in direct competition with the Mercedes SLS AMG E-Cell.
    [YOUTUBE]46meBknCdGQ[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]cezbRkNJhXI[/YOUTUBE]

The BMW i3 prototype has been caught testing in Munich, Germany - the city that the premium automaker calls home. It is nice to see development continuing on the electric vehicle, it has been more than 6 months since the last test vehicles were spotted.
    This latest prototype is still wearing a large amount of camouflage that is doing its best to hide the aerodynamic and styling lines across its bodywork.
    Under its posterior, the i3 prototype is housing an electric motor along with batteries that reside underneath the floor. Rumors have stated it produces around 150 PS (110 kW / 148 bhp) which enables it to hit a top speed of 160 km/h (100 mph). The i3 is expected to have a range of up to 257 km (160 miles) on a single charge.
    It rides on a "LifeDrive architecture" platform that boasts an aluminum chassis with a passenger cell made of carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (CFRP).
    Expect to see the i3 unveiled to the public sometime during 2013 before hitting the market in the following year. Production is slated to begin at the company's Leipzig plant and pricing is expected to exceed €40,000.
    Source: WCF BMW Winter testing
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Lets foil our cars the same way :D
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

That small one looks like a hamster

Comment

Working...
      X