No announcement yet.

2013 BMW 6-Series 4-door GranCoupe with M-Sport Package spied on Nürburgring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 BMW 6-Series 4-door GranCoupe with M-Sport Package spied on Nürburgring

Spy photos show a 6-Series 4-door coupe model that will compete against the likes of the Audi A7 Sportback

We've previously reported on the details of this upcoming 4-door coupe from BMW, which will compete head-on with the Audi A7 Sportback and the Mercedes-Benz CLS.

But we'll give you the recap:

Although BMW is usually the first to arrive at the party, this time they're fashionably late. Following the Mercedes CLS, Audi A7 and yes, even the Porsche Panamera, prototypes of the 6-Series four-door have finally crossed the spy photographer's lens.

First introduced as the Concept Gran Coupe in Beijing last year, then confirmed for production, and seen in recent leaked patent illustrations, the 4-door Coupe was spotted on the streets of Munich today. Already showing minimal camouflage, indicating the latter stages of development, the wheelbase looks much longer than the two-door 6 Series Coupe while the sleek profile gives way to L-shaped LED tail lights and the ever present Hofmeister kink.

The Gran Coupe will be based on the 6-Series and will share the same wheelbase length as that model but will be longer than the Mercedes CLS-Class. It will come with frameless door-windows but will have a B-pillar.

Under the hood we expect a 300 hp (224 kW / 304 PS) 3.0-liter six-cylinder, a 400 hp (298 kW / 406 PS) 4.4-liter V8, a 3.0-liter turbo-diesel with 204 hp (152 kW / 207 PS), a 3.0-liter turbo-diesel with 245 hp (183 kW, 248 PS), a hybridized 3.0-liter petrol with a 54 hp (40 kW / 55 PS) electric motor, and a twin-turbo V8 with 555 hp (408 kW / 563 PS) to 570 hp (425 kW / 578 PS).

The 2013 BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe will make it to dealer showrooms sometime in late 2012.

Current
    E92 M3 - Mineral White
    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
    E36 318is
    E39 540i ///M sport
    VW CC
    E46 M3 - Frozen White

It looks like a fat fish.
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

+1... for now I'm not a fan... looks like a slightly modified 5 series!
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

I am gonna hold my decision until I see the ///M version although it looks tooooooo tall from the pics!

ps: the front end is not interesting at all!!!
        '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
        '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
        '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
        '92 E36 325i Black
        History:
        '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
        '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
        '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
        '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

BMW is releasing lots of different models so customers have the choice to buy from their vast variety of cars, for instance the 5 GT, there's not much demand but there are still some who prefer such cars.. Basically BMW also believes that variety is the spice of life..

I say lets give it more time before we decide how good or bad looking this one is going to be, the camouflage is hiding alot..

Comment

Working...
          X