In Memoriam: Richard Hamann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Memoriam: Richard Hamann

Today we received the sad news that Richard Hamann, founder of Hamann Motorsport, passed away at the age of 53. Richard Hamann passed away last Thursday after a severe illness. His untimely death is an enormous loss and our thoughts are with his family. The team of Hamann Motorsport will honour his memory and will continue the business according to his wishes.

Richard Hamann

Richard Hamann was active in motor sports for over 20 years. During his time as a racing driver he participated in Gruppe C, DTM and Formula 3 races and from the 700 races he started he finsihed 300 in the top 3 and brought home over 100 victories. He also celebrated a 3-time victory of the Special Touring Car Trophy in a BMW M1.

In 1986 Richard Hamann founded Hamann Motorsports as a company devoted to, in the beginning, modify German cars. Later the range of projects expanded over the German border with cars from Lamborghini, McLaren and Ferrari. The first car ever build by Hamann Motorsport was a BMW M3 (E30).
    gtspirit

R.I.P
    sigpic
    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

A sad day indeed!

R.I.P.
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Peace may be with him.
        he made some nice cars in his time.
        335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
        White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

Working...
        X