• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW M3 PICKUP

Found this in the net.
    :///M:3 Pickup???
    WTF??
    Is this something a BMW engineer is building as a favor to his hillbilly cousin?

M3's rear half converted into a pickup bed as the prototype head's off for some lap runs on the Nürburgring

Last edited by mn07; 16-03-2011, 04:05 PM.
    335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
    White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

I think someone from BMW saw that 330i pick up in our forum and went like thats a great idea lets build a better one.
    335i (Dual Clutch Transmission)-BMW Performance Exhaust- JB 4 -Stage 2 aFe Dual Cone Intakes-aFe air scoops-M tech kit-19" M Rims Painted Gunmetal-Michelin PS2
    White Angel Eyes-Carbon Fiber Mirror caps-BMW Performance High Speed Fan (850watts)-BMW Performance Diffuser-BMW Performance Stripes

Comment

It could be an independent tuner..

Comment

Well the news said They checked and the car is indeed registered to BMW and wears the standard black and white camouflage that the automaker likes to use.
        Oh i forgot to say the prototype is in the Nürburgring for some lap runs.
        Last edited by mn07; 16-03-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

According to Autoblog.com, BMW has copped to the M3 pickup being an April fool's joke. The model will accompany the very real M5 Concept's debut on April 1st.

Comment

dats the richest farmer ive ever seen :ohthedrama:
            sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
            Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
            Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
            Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
            Black 1986 E28 535i
            Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
            Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
            Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

what is this! Yuck!
              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

I think it was a joke by BMW ///M division.

I believe I read that on BMW Blog.
                sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Yes, it was an April fool prank by BMW..

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                    I think it was a joke by BMW ///M division.

I believe I read that on BMW Blog.
                    Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    Yes, it was an April fool prank by BMW..
                    The news says:-
                    BMW has confirmed this is an April Fool's joke.But press release continues with the fantasy that this M3 pickup is the fourth bodystyle variant in the M3 series after the coupe, convertible and sedan.

The only question is whether there is any truth to the specs they provide here and we can only take them at their word on that.

The M3 pickup comes with a 309 kW/420 PS (414 bhp) power plant and a rear payload capacity of 450 kg - which sounds realistic enough. It's cd quotient (aerodynamic flow) in the wind tunnel is the same as on the M3 Coupe and its top speed is 300 km/h (186 mph).

We've seen the spy shots of this car doing the rounds at the Nürburgring (it is very real) and that output rating is exactly as the 4.0 liter V8 that goes into the M3, which also features 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque.

BMW cops to this being a one-off model near the end of the press release and we're confident that that part is true.

Comment

sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Working...
                      X