Classic cars a hit at Bonhams' sixth Dubai auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to a report by Road and Track, BMW has agreed to consign two cars from their museum reserve collection for sale at Bonhams inaugural Collectors’ Motor Cars auction at the Royal Mirage Hotel, Dubai in October.

Same reports states that this is the first time that cars have ever become available from the official factory collection.

The two cars to land in the hands of rich, but lucky owners, are a white BMW 3.0 CSL, with the famous motorsport stripes. The 3.0 CSL race cars were the first cars to be developed under BMW Motorsport Divison. They were also the first to sport the newly designated official colors of BMW Motorsport – red, blue and purple.

Often supplied with an aggressive package of aerodynamic components, the 3.0 CSL started to carry the name “Batmobile”. That package consisted of a very large rear wing, a more traditional rear spoiler and front fender spats.

There were 167 Batmobiles built in total. Only 110 such road-going examples were produced in the 3.2-liter form in 1973, with other 57 more cars leaving the factory until production ceased in December 1975.

In the past, similar models have been sold anywhere for amounts varying from $156,000 to $200,000.

The second vehicle to be auctioned off is a 1979 white BMW M1 with very low mileage and in concours condition.

First built in 1978, the M1 is one of BMW’s finest vehicles to date. It was the first and only mid-engined BMW to be mass produced. It was powered by a twin-cam M88/1 3.5 liter 6-cylinder gasoline engine with Kugelfischer injection. The M1 coupe was hand-built between 1978 and 1981 under the Motorsport division of BMW as a homologation special for sports car racing.

Only 456 production M1s were built, making it one of BMW’s rarest models, and some of them sold at recent auctions for $140,000.
    Source: bmwblog

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

when is the auction so that I can go and cry out loud and weep how I can't afford any of them when I'm willing to chop off my 10 fingers to own either one of these???

Comment

:drool:

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Royal Mirage Hotel? any knows when?

Comment

It says October! I reckon we need to be there.....hopefully the organizers wouldn't be snobby and would let us in. Any body with a spare Rolex ? :D

Comment

:cry::cry:
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

:drool:

If only I could find the gold treausre that my ancestors buried somewhere.
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

when is the auction so that I can go and cry out loud and weep how I can't afford any of them when I'm willing to chop off my 10 fingers to own either one of these???
                one day ayham who knows!!!!:
                sigpic

Comment

Bonhams held its sixth auction in Dubai on Monday night. This BMW 3.0 CSL sold for $218,400.

This BMW M1 was one of the two lots from the carmaker's museum collection. It sold for $264,000.

Current
                  E92 M3 - Mineral White
                  F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                  E36 318is
                  E39 540i ///M sport
                  VW CC
                  E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

:cry:
                    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                    eMail:
                    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

:bendover:

Comment

Love the bat mobile more than the M1 :drool:

P.S: Ive merged the old auction thread with this one..

Comment

:drool: Love all of them.

I hate the concept of poevrty. Everyone should be able to enjoy these beauties.
                          sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

+1 :cry:

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                            E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                            E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                            E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                            E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                            E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                            E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

We will try and track down the owners. If we do, expect a massive feature in here...

Comment

Working...
                              X