Voluntary Recall of Certain V8 and V12-powered BMW and Rolls-Royce Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voluntary Recall of Certain V8 and V12-powered BMW and Rolls-Royce Models

Press Release: BMW of North America is submitting a letter to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) this week announcing a voluntary recall of approximately 198,000 V8 and V12-powered BMW 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars models produced between the 2002 and 2010 model years.

In the affected vehicles, a leak may develop in the power braking system, potentially causing a vacuum loss and consequent reduction of power braking assistance. Mechanical braking is still available to slow and stop the vehicle. There has been no report of accidents or injuries.

BMW has prepared an inspection and repair procedure and will distribute replacement parts throughout the North American dealer network. Letters will be sent by First Class mail to owners of affected vehicles in the coming weeks, requesting the scheduling of a service appointment with an Authorized BMW Center to check their vehicle.

Drivers who experience reduced power braking assistance should immediately schedule a service appointment with an Authorized BMW Center. Customers with further questions should contact BMW Customer Relations at 1-800-525-7417 or email customer.relations@bmwna.com.

Affected BMW models include:

* 2002-08 BMW 745i/Li, 750i/Li, and 760i/Li
    * 2007-08 BMW Alpina B7
    * 2004-10 BMW 645i and 650i
    * 2004-10 BMW 545i and 550i

Affected Rolls-Royce Motor Cars models include:

* 2003-2010 Rolls-Royce Phantom models

(does not include Rolls-Royce Ghost)
    Soure: bmwblog

affected models since 2002!! now they noticed!

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
      affected models since 2002!! now they noticed!
      :rofl2:
      sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

BMW recalls 6,781 cars in the UAE, including Rolls-Royce

BMW Middle East said Wednesday it will call in 6,296 BMW cars and 485 Rolls Royce cars in the UAE

In the affected vehicles a leak may develop in the power braking system, potentially causing a vacuum loss and reduction of power braking assistance, the company said

Dubai. BMW Middle East said Wednesday it will call in 6,296 BMW cars and 485 Rolls Royce cars in the UAE for a vehicle checkup as the company has identified a potential “issue” with the power-braking system.

The problem identified is a potential leak in the power-braking system that could lead to vacuum loss and reduction of power-braking assistance, the company said. It added that BMW importers and Rolls-Royce Motors Car dealers have actively started to contact their customers via letters, e-mails and telephone requesting them to schedule an appointment for a vehicle check-up at their earliest convenience.

The fault correction will require between one to four hours and vehicles will be thoroughly checked in this time, BMW said, adding that there will be no cost to the customer.

“The safety of our customers is paramount to us. We will continue to work closely with our importers to ensure a smooth and seamless execution of this service campaign,” said Phil Horton, Managing Director of BMW Group Middle East.

Last Friday, BMW Group had announced a worldwide recall of its 8- and 12- cylinder BMW 5, 6 and 7 series as well as Rolls-Royce models produced between July 2001 and November 2009 in view of the perceived problem in the braking system.
        Source: Gulfnews

Comment

It will not include the ///M models?

sigpic

Comment

What is the relation between the number of cylinders in the engine and the breaking system.
            sigpic

Comment

Ali!!! when i saw the pic of the M5 E60 interior with this amazing news...my heart for a moment stop beating :cry:.....but then i start breathing again....coz M models not affected. :popcorn:

E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                What is the relation between the number of cylinders in the engine and the breaking system.
                they meant the affected models with 8/12 cylinder...

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                  Ali!!! when i saw the pic of the M5 E60 interior with this amazing news...my heart for a moment stop beating :cry:.....but then i start breathing again....coz M models not affected. :popcorn:
                  Thanks God!

I don't want to take my car to AGMC, even if it is for free. :lol:
                  sigpic

Comment

Guys, no one has to take their cars anywhere, our VIN numbers are with the dealers here, they have certain models that are affected, if your car is one of them then they will give you a call to bring your car for a check..

Nothing to worry..

Comment

I don't think I registered the change of ownership of my M6 with AGMC.

They shall probably call the previous owner.
                      sigpic

Comment

If the car has been to the dealer with the new number plate on the M6, then they will update the details themselves..

Comment

I don't think that has happened.

Should I contact them and inform them?

sigpic

Comment

Yes you can when you take the car next time for a check, anyways your car is 10 cyl, you dont have to panic..

Comment

I don't intend to take it there for a check. Or anything else for that matter.

This was the biggest reason why I sold by B5.

I am Hasan, I have to panic. Thats what I do best. :lol:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X